• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At the drinking hole.......again!  😂  

Something white for a change 😋  

It's been just over two months since I put my order in and today my new Golf R was delivered!    My first impressions of the car are I would say extremely positive...   Firstly, I

Posted Images

Hey all, been a long time lurker of this forum while pondering and waiting for my MK8R. Thanks to everyone who shared their pictures and impressions to help the time go by.

I've received my 8R now. Euro spec, so I went for the black package (which IMO looks fantastic). I've liked the Mk8 looks from day 1, if there's one thing I'd change I'd make the lower "curve" of the side skirt gloss black to match the front and rear. I might even look into getting someone to wrap it for me.

Sharing my own Mk8 as well to help the wait go by for someone else.

pht.jpg

21 minutes ago, evloop said:

Hey all, been a long time lurker of this forum while pondering and waiting for my MK8R. Thanks to everyone who shared their pictures and impressions to help the time go by.

I've received my 8R now. Euro spec, so I went for the black package (which IMO looks fantastic). I've liked the Mk8 looks from day 1, if there's one thing I'd change I'd make the lower "curve" of the side skirt gloss black to match the front and rear. I might even look into getting someone to wrap it for me.

Sharing my own Mk8 as well to help the wait go by for someone else.

pht.jpg

That’s gorgeous!  Welcome along!   We don’t get the Black pack option in UK (yet) but wish we did.  

That’s a very good shout on the lower door sill for a Lapiz car, I think that could work well.  If you do wrap it, post up some pics as love to see it.  

2 hours ago, Blackpug said:

Not my soon to be here 8R but my current R. Why I chose Lapiz again 😎

FC11929F-05E0-4822-BA09-9F7641E45735.jpeg

Lovely!  

A couple people with Lapiz mk7/7.5’s have commented that it looks (from flake pics I posted in the detailing section) as though the 8R Lapiz has even more metallic flake than the 7/7.5. You’ll be well placed to answer that when yours comes.  As my previous car was DBP I have no frame of reference with my Lapiz. 

14 minutes ago, JaseW said:

IMG_0664.thumb.jpeg.70ad9d70dec4403969ef4201a23aadc0.jpegCollected mine yesterday, quick dirty photo in the JCB Medway car park. 

6 hour drive home averaging 32mph..... standstill on both M25 and M1 for well over an hour each time. But otherwise an awesome journey from the inside haha 

Looks great,the main thing is you now have the car to enjoy and I'm pleased for you finally getting it after a frustrating wait.

59 minutes ago, JaseW said:

IMG_0664.thumb.jpeg.70ad9d70dec4403969ef4201a23aadc0.jpegCollected mine yesterday, quick dirty photo in the JCB Medway car park. 

6 hour drive home averaging 32mph..... standstill on both M25 and M1 for well over an hour each time. But otherwise an awesome journey from the inside haha 

Bet that was a sight for sore eyes!  Congratulations Jase, pleased for you.  Looks fab!  Enjoy getting to know it (the infotainment system that is 😂).   

2 hours ago, JaseW said:

Looking good. Bet you still enjoyed the drive home 😉

On 25/05/2021 at 13:45, jmoz82 said:

Looks awesome pal, loving them DOTZ laguna seca wheels, better than the factory estorils in my opinion

Having seen more than a few 8 R now, the thing that stands out to me is that like the 7x series the Black 19" Rim really make the car, think would be tempted to put black pretoria on an 8 R if mine, one of VW better OEM rim. 

One thing this thread proves and many said at outset, is that once the performance bits and pieces were bolted to the standard MK 8 shots first seen then the look will likely be transformed, so never judge till you see the actual performance versions. The GTi needs a front end facelift, but the CS and R with performance pack have pretty much got it right from the get go. 

Love my TCR but would love the CS or performance pack spoiler to complete the look. 

Having owned a Lapiz MK 7 R have a soft spot for the colour, on a sunny day, its a colour on its own, but do like these white R seeing here, the black contrasts really well and completes with the black rims (a must on the white)  

1 hour ago, Blackpug said:

Looking good. Bet you still enjoyed the drive home 😉

Absolutely Colin! It drives very differently to my 7.5. In a good way though. Feels more direct despite the lighter steering feel. 

The DCC settings are great, to be able to change 15 increments is a really nice addition. There is a really rough part on the M6 around Birmingham that seems to have been pieced together in sections that are about 5m in length, so every second its thud thud thud as you drive over the joins. 

This is where i had a progressive play with the DCC, starting on 15 (3 to the right of Race) and worked down towards 1 (3 to the left of comfort) and back up again. its all very subtle changes but makes a difference. 

You will love yours next week! I am excited for you!