• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At the drinking hole.......again!  😂  

Something white for a change 😋  

Time to balance up this thread with some Deep Black Pearl with "look at me" Performance Pack...here comes Darth Vadar!  

Posted Images

Roof looks great!  Need to clean your wheels though....oh wait they are black. 

You never “have” to clean black wheels
you do it so they looks blacker
But dirt rarely shows on them
(I had a couple of cars in which I wrapped the rims black)
On 24/11/2021 at 06:14, AHG said:

I couldn’t disagree more.  Try living and driving in the UK.  Ime, any amount of dirt shows up terribly on black wheels (including black wheels with diamond cut faces), and they quickly look brown as a result.   I think they are by far the most difficult colour to keep on top off and keep properly clean, and that’s with decent protection on, and regular wash maintenance. Not about making them ‘blacker’, but actually getting them properly clean so the actual colour is not hidden under dirt.  They also show brake dust much more readily than colours such as silver or anthracite.  And the icing on the cake is they mark more easily.  

2 hours ago, AHG said:

Thats the thing though, they just look like dirty wheels/the hubcaps fell off heap steelies, black wheels just dont work on many cars(for me). Each to their own though, be boring if we all liked the same. 😁

8 hours ago, Msportman said:

Very glossy!

What are using for winter protection Bex’s?

Do like Lapis especially with the Performance Pack Spoiler.

Thanks Ian.  At the moment it’s got a previous coat of Gyeon Wax (applied quite a while ago now so nearing its end and needing reapplication, it’s lasted well though)and a coating of Gyeon WetCoat (applied last Sunday).  I’d hoped to do a pre-winter detail in Oct/Nov but too much going and time limited, so things are getting done as and when time and weather permits (as have no usual garage).  Will be decontaminating the bodywork in next couple weeks (did wheels at the weekend) and get some fresh Gyeon Wax on for winter (Swissvax wax through the warmer months) and that should last about 3 months. Will top up with WetCoat once a month or so.  

Yes I very much like the Lapiz (love it) and I am so pleased I went for that over my usual black.  I think it looks amazing, especially with the PP spoiler which really adds impact and lifts the whole look of the car.  I love the black gloss accents with the Lapiz, especially that strip on the spolier which sets it off against the paintwork.  And it’s such a gorgeous colour in all lights too.  There’s never a day when it looks drab, even in the dreary UK weather.  It gets so many compliments from people.  

On 24/11/2021 at 08:18, Booth11 said:
I couldn’t disagree more.  Try living and driving in the UK.  Ime, any amount of dirt shows up terribly on black wheels (including black wheels with diamond cut faces), and they quickly look brown as a result.   I think they are by far the most difficult colour to keep on top off and keep properly clean, and that’s with decent protection on, and regular wash maintenance. Not about making them ‘blacker’, but actually getting them properly clean so the actual colour is not hidden under dirt.  They also show brake dust much more readily than colours such as silver or anthracite.  And the icing on the cake is they mark more easily.  

I’d expect nothing less of you 🙂

On 24/11/2021 at 09:04, Booth11 said:

Thanks Ian.  At the moment it’s got a previous coat of Gyeon Wax (applied quite a while ago now so nearing its end and needing reapplication, it’s lasted well though)and a coating of Gyeon WetCoat (applied last Sunday).  I’d hoped to do a pre-winter detail in Oct/Nov but too much going and time limited, so things are getting done as and when time and weather permits (as have no usual garage).  Will be decontaminating the bodywork in next couple weeks (did wheels at the weekend) and get some fresh Gyeon Wax on for winter (Swissvax wax through the warmer months) and that should last about 3 months. Will top up with WetCoat once a month or so.  

Yes I very much like the Lapiz (love it) and I am so pleased I went for that over my usual black.  I think it looks amazing, especially with the PP spoiler which really adds impact and lifts the whole look of the car.  I love the black gloss accents with the Lapiz, especially that strip on the spolier which sets it off against the paintwork.  And it’s such a gorgeous colour in all lights too.  There’s never a day when it looks drab, even in the dreary UK weather.  It gets so many compliments from people.  

Just ordered some wet coat, was it just spray on clean wet car then rinse off?

3 minutes ago, Chronicbint said:

Just ordered some wet coat, was it just spray on clean wet car then rinse off?

Yes you can do that.  My pref is to spray some onto a fresh clean wet wash mitt and gentle swipe over the panels working a section at a time (avoiding the glass) then rinse off immediately and very thoroughly and you really need to rinse using a pressure washer.   Don’t spray the whole car then tubes off as you’ll get streaking.  Work top down and do a couple panels at a time then rinse off and work way round car like that.