Mk8R members’ cars photo gallery

1 hour ago, OOV said:

Its good to see there’s no post-non DBP regret or envy here hehe 👍😃

Haha, no no regrets from me. 😁  I did wonder if I’d get a lump in my throat seeing a DBP 8R but non whatsoever.  It looks fantastic in DBP but I’m glad I chose Lapiz myself, the DBP not doing it for me in the way Lapiz does.  I think I’ve just had my fill of it after years of DBP cars but I also prefer the aesthetic of the Lapiz with the 8R design.  For me personally the black is a bit too heavy looking.  If you want uber stealth and Darth Vader aesthetic then it hits the spot but I was looking for something different.  

The good thing is (and just as well) is that all three of the limited colour choices, really suit the 8R design, with each bringing a different look.  😊

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At the drinking hole.......again!  😂  

Something white for a change 😋  

Working from home so can’t even take her out until later 🤣

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Booth11 said:

The good thing is (and just as well) is that all three of the limited colour choices, really suit the 8R design, with each bringing a different look.  😊

Yep, it will be interesting to see what happens in the future but we need to see more colours 👍

On 27/03/2021 at 20:25, Darlo said:

I swear I’ve not taken it above 4K revs! 

Had big plans to taken it for a trip on the hills of Saddleworth where I live.... which I did. However the Mrs bought some stuff that would easily break (including a mirror!!) so had to take it steady to avoid breakages 😂😂😂.

Essential travel obviously 😃

same thing happened to me recently but it was an oven dish of food with clingfilm and the passenger struggling 😅

55 minutes ago, Northern Monkey said:

looks superb that, did you get ceramic or is that wax?

thanks mate. No unfortunately I couldn’t afford ceramic this time so that’s just a decent quality wax. I have washed it once since and it came up looking just as good. Cleaning it again tomorrow 😂

4 hours ago, Darlo said:

thanks mate. No unfortunately I couldn’t afford ceramic this time so that’s just a decent quality wax. I have washed it once since and it came up looking just as good. Cleaning it again tomorrow 😂

Looks just great Paul. Any more frequent washing and you’ll be changing your name to Rebecca😂

3 minutes ago, NRW said:

You mean you leave it parked in a Car Park Rebecca??😳

Unattended?

Becs stands there whilst the family go shopping, far enough away so it doesnt look dodgy but close enough that if anyone goes within 5m of it she can hit them over the head with a crowbar. 

In the meantime, she fills her time taking photos of it. 😀

10 minutes ago, NRW said:

You mean you leave it parked in a Car Park Rebecca??😳

Unattended?

If you look in the front passenger seat you can see my car bodyguard (daughter).  I pay her in Starbucks currency.  😂 

6 minutes ago, JaseW said:

Becs stands there whilst the family go shopping, far enough away so it doesnt look dodgy but close enough that if anyone goes within 5m of it she can hit them over the head with a crowbar. 

In the meantime, she fills her time taking photos of it. 😀

That’s not a million miles away from the truth.  😂

Car looks great.  Probably the best spot in the car park, but won’t stop someone opening their boot into it or leaning on it while lifting something in/out....unfortunately there are so many inconsiderate people.  Good parking in the middle of the space, but I’d have the wheels against the line on the left hand side of the space, with the car as far back as possible!

I thought I’d picked a great space yesterday and when I went back to the car there was cut grass all up the side...some of which blew in when I opened the door.  Better than a ding, but really annoying all the same.

It’s a good thing about having a small car, much lower risk when parking.  That’s why we use the Golf when going local and know the parking will be tight, although having a little one again helps as we can use the parent and child spaces so even my car has plenty of space around it.