Mk8R members’ cars photo gallery

Booth11

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Nighthawk said:

Nice ! Looking good chief. Tell us more?

Thanks! Most mods aren’t visible 😀 Racingline R600 and turbo elbow, racingline stage 1 ecu & tcu with PDM controller. Maxton rear diffuser, maxton street pro front splitter, Milltek GPF back with carbon tips, control customs steering wheel in full Alcantara, racingline bonnet strut and fuel cap, racingline springs, gloss black wrapped roof, Rotiform KPR wheels, genuine Performance pack spoiler. Think thats pretty much it 😅 

1 hour ago, Asa55 said:

Thanks! Most mods aren’t visible 😀 Racingline R600 and turbo elbow, racingline stage 1 ecu & tcu with PDM controller. Maxton rear diffuser, maxton street pro front splitter, Milltek GPF back with carbon tips, control customs steering wheel in full Alcantara, racingline bonnet strut and fuel cap, racingline springs, gloss black wrapped roof, Rotiform KPR wheels, genuine Performance pack spoiler. Think thats pretty much it 😅 

Awesome! I love the steering wheel😍 I took screenshot of one not long ago i saw on instagram thinking it’s was a nice addition I might get done. You happy with R600 and the elbow ? Did you have that separate before the tune and if so did it make a difference ? How is the stage one ? Does it make a big difference ? What’s the output ? What’s the wheel set up ? I’ve just bought some 245 35 19 tyres to put on my Estoriels once they get resprayed 🥳

Oh nice chunky new rubber, my estorils are tooked away in the garage. The RL R600 and turbo inlet give a little boost in stock like 10/15bhp but even more when tuned. Definitely something I’d recommend. The car dyno’d at 331bhp, 446nm stock and 416bhp, 540nm stage 1. If you also add an intercooler you can jump up another 30bhp with stage 1+ but I’m happy where it is. The car feels so much more alive especially in the rear with the magna diff. It likes to kick the rear end out especially in damp conditions.

The Rotiform wheels are 8.5 x 19 ET45. The perfect fitment for filling the arches out a little. Tyres are 235 35 19. 

I love the steering wheel, highly recommend speaking to control customs with the design you’re after. I picked up a used wheel off ebay and had that recovered then swapped the parts over. I still have my brand new replacement vw wheel in the garage. 

AFFCE13C-FA87-4E6C-BCA2-01DD79DDD006.jpeg

12 hours ago, Asa55 said:

Been a while since I posted but thought I’d share a few little mods over my 18 months of ownership. Still loving it 🤩

IMG_1040.jpeg

IMG_1038.jpeg

IMG_1256.png

Looks sensational with the visible mods and bet it’s a hoot to drive with the under the bonnet mods.   Great to see something different!  

Stu, you should post up a dedicated thread in Mk8 Members’’ Rides or in the Mk8 modifying section with your mods/progress as I’m sure others are interested and  might be easier to find that buried in this thread.  

Thanks! That is something to think about with all the problems the steering wheels have caused. I seem to get the sos once every couple of months or so even with the new module out the replacement wheel. If you speak with control customs they actually know the problem and will eliminate it completely but it’s more expensive.  

11 hours ago, Asa55 said:

Oh nice chunky new rubber, my estorils are tooked away in the garage. The RL R600 and turbo inlet give a little boost in stock like 10/15bhp but even more when tuned. Definitely something I’d recommend. The car dyno’d at 331bhp, 446nm stock and 416bhp, 540nm stage 1. If you also add an intercooler you can jump up another 30bhp with stage 1+ but I’m happy where it is. The car feels so much more alive especially in the rear with the magna diff. It likes to kick the rear end out especially in damp conditions.

The Rotiform wheels are 8.5 x 19 ET45. The perfect fitment for filling the arches out a little. Tyres are 235 35 19

I love the steering wheel, highly recommend speaking to control customs with the design you’re after. I picked up a used wheel off ebay and had that recovered then swapped the parts over. I still have my brand new replacement vw wheel in the garage. 

AFFCE13C-FA87-4E6C-BCA2-01DD79DDD006.jpeg

Wawza that’s a massive increase! It must be really lively 😁Good result, it’s crazy what you can get from a stage 1 alone, as it stands I’m still happy and enjoying non tuned but have thought if I did a tune I would be super happy with 385 to 400. I think reliability is real concern but I hear a stage 1 is a pretty safe one. I presume you have some wheel spacers?  Yes thank you for your recommendation and good idea about swapping. I’ve added the photo of the one I saw on Instagram below, I’m thinking its very similar?IMG_5453.thumb.jpeg.2db81095a7d54ea2134b96bb7a6c87f0.jpeg 

Hey there, no wheel spacers with the rotiform. I did have 11mm on my original estorils though. The wheel is definitely similar, looks a bit chunkier and the details are slightly different.

Think the car is quick enough stock but the temptation is always there for me with a stage 1. I think it's quite safe if you treat it well by letting it warm up fully and changing the oil twice a year. Also only using a recognised tuners like REVO, RL, APR to name a few. 

• 2 weeks later...