This is my company car, its a 2016 R Estate.  I've had it for nearly 3 years and it hasn't missed a beat. Keeps going and going 

It's always serviced ontime and whatever needs doing gets done, 

I've had focus's, passat's, astras and this 2L petrol turbo has been by far the most reliable I've had. 

Am I really lucky with this car? or am I not the only one to have no issues with higher mileage?

20210322_082849.jpg

20181020_202205.jpg

Nice to see this sort if mileage on an R. I too am a company car driver (not my R) and i have came to the conclusion after many years of doing 40k miles per year that it is not mileage that causes issues with modern cars it’s age and/or lack of maintenance.

My last car (diesel Astra) done 180k without a single issue. The Insignia I currently have feels like it will do the same. 

9 hours ago, Carter said:

This is my company car, its a 2016 R Estate.  I've had it for nearly 3 years and it hasn't missed a beat. Keeps going and going 

It's always serviced ontime and whatever needs doing gets done, 

I've had focus's, passat's, astras and this 2L petrol turbo has been by far the most reliable I've had. 

Am I really lucky with this car? or am I not the only one to have no issues with higher mileage?

20210322_082849.jpg

20181020_202205.jpg

I'm only 119,000 miles behind behind you....:lol:,,,Nice effort 140,000 miles...:afro:....Car still looks brand new...:)

I've always done a lot of miles with my job but this is the first petrol I've had as a company car.

Thats an older pic but still looks great when clean.  

I told the dealer I do high mileage when I got the car and they put it on longlife. Every 18k 

I still drive it hard from time to time. Average 29mpg on a normal run. 

Tyres seem to last forever aswell ,

I bought a draggy for my rs3 a few months ago and keep meaning to try it in the R to see what 0-60 it can do after 140k.

Good to see! My second ever car was a mark 1 Fiesta that I bought with 118,000 on it and sold it with 165,000. It was serviced regularly and all it ever needed outs of that was a set of plug leads, a radiator (took less than an hour to change!) and a new exhaust. Very reliable - just like my mk 3 Cavalier SRi was with high mileage. Only issue I had was that was an engine warning light caused by a dirty lambda sensor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@Carter - did you have to quickly pull over to take the photo before it went to 140,001 miles? 😂. I remember when I hit 10,000 and I tried to find somewhere to stop to take a pic (not sure why I wanted to in hindsight...) - but by the time I did it went to 10,001 😣

How's the paint holding up at the front? Did you PPF it? Still looks mint.

Great to know it's running without fault, as others have said - proper maintenance, mechanical sympathy (and a bit of luck) will mean it'll stay running fine.

5 hours ago, v7fmp said:

this bodes well for someone looking to buy their first R (me!!).

Other than consumables, have you had to spend out on anything else? Any other issues that have come up over all those miles?

Nope just brakes and tyres, we were given 4 years unlimited mileage vw warranty when we got the car and never used it once.

22 minutes ago, Ignition1 said:

@Carter - did you have to quickly pull over to take the photo before it went to 140,001 miles? 😂. I remember when I hit 10,000 and I tried to find somewhere to stop to take a pic (not sure why I wanted to in hindsight...) - but by the time I did it went to 10,001 😣

How's the paint holding up at the front? Did you PPF it? Still looks mint.

Great to know it's running without fault, as others have said - proper maintenance, mechanical sympathy (and a bit of luck) will mean it'll stay running fine.

Lol I was just coming of the motorway when it ticked over so I managed to stop before it changed

It could do with a respray on the front to be honest,  I didn't ppf it or ceramic coat it but I wish I did. I have had all my other cars coated.

16 hours ago, Carter said:

Nope just brakes and tyres, we were given 4 years unlimited mileage vw warranty when we got the car and never used it once.

Blimey, that is good going. 👍