Jump to content

8R Quick Question and general chat thread


Booth11

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Scudgie said:

Anyone know what a one year warranty extension will cost?

 

Unable to obtain a quote online because my car is still 3 months from beingv3 years old.


I’ve just taken out a year VW Extended Warranty for mine which starts 17/3 when factory warranty runs out:

 

All Component Cover

Current mileage 22k miles,

Doing under 10k miles a year 

£100 excess 

= £312 

 

Same but with no excess was circa £377 

 

Higher excess (£200 I think) was sub £300. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hmm, may have to see if I can get a decent set of mudflaps

Does anyone know where we can get a decent set of Mudflaps ?
I spoke to Rallyflapz a couple of weeks back and there, Mk 8 flaps (Shortiez) are still in development with no idea of a launch date / schedule.
I am tempted to try a set of Mk 7.5 and see how they go but they didn’t seam to happy about this. Staying that they are nothing like a fit !


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Booth11 said:


I’ve just taken out a year VW Extended Warranty for mine which starts 17/3 when factory warranty runs out:

 

All Component Cover

Current mileage 22k miles,

Doing under 10k miles a year 

£100 excess 

= £312 

 

Same but with no excess was circa £377 

 

Higher excess (£200 I think) was sub £300. 

Thank you 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Booth11 said:


I’ve just taken out a year VW Extended Warranty for mine which starts 17/3 when factory warranty runs out:

 

All Component Cover

Current mileage 22k miles,

Doing under 10k miles a year 

£100 excess 

= £312 

 

Same but with no excess was circa £377 

 

Higher excess (£200 I think) was sub £300. 

I see a glint in your eye for a 8.5R having made that decision.😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MJC1216 said:

I see a glint in your eye for a 8.5R having made that decision.😂


Maybe.  😅
 

My ideal would be have my current 8R for another year and then move into an 8.5R (ordering it to follow that timeline)

 

Much will depend on price of said 8.5R and importantly optional extra costs (as I don’t want less than the options I have now) an one thing is for certain it ain’t gonna be cheap, and more so if agency model is applied, although it seems to be for EVs but also fleet sales - the latter could be a nail in the broker deals coffin.  Still, if it’s likely to be my last hurrah in a petrol car, maybe I’ll suck it up.  Woman maths will be applied!  😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Current Donation Goals

    • Raised £165
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...