Jump to content

8R Quick Question and general chat thread


Booth11

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, Blackpug said:

Nothing. Maybe that’s why I only got it for a month. Do you normally have to pay for it? Can’t remember if I did for my first 8R


Sounds like it’s a free trial for a month.  I’d expect once that expires then you’ll need to pay to continue to use it.  I have it on my car as it was included in the spec at the time I ordered mine but I wouldn’t pay for it if it wasn’t.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Booth11 said:


Sounds like it’s a free trial for a month.  I’d expect once that expires then you’ll need to pay to continue to use it.  I have it on my car as it was included in the spec at the time I ordered mine but I wouldn’t pay for it if it wasn’t.  

I’ll not be paying for it either. Easy enough to use the screen 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 03/07/2024 at 14:11, Jens0n said:

@anglingnut
Simples method, Select range on the instrument panel > hold OK for 4 or so seconds > scroll down services menus and you'll find 'engine code' .

Engine code is shown on bottom line of the display...

 

=o))

 

J.


Couldn’t find RANGE on the dashboard side window

is that on the center one or somewhere else?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, neilybealy said:

You could display range on the 7.5R dash but on the 8R the range is always displayed on top of the fuel gauge 


Yes I remember that on previous gen and where it showed the engine code with the method as @Jens0n said. 
 

4 hours ago, AHG said:


Couldn’t find RANGE on the dashboard side window

is that on the center one or somewhere else?


Unless it’s buried somewhere on a sub menu, I can’t find Range in the dash menus (side or middle) either. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In ACC when approaching a roundabout, the car slows down too early. Roundabout icon appears on dash. Is there any way I can switch this feature off? (Traffic assist isn’t on)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Blackpug said:

In ACC when approaching a roundabout, the car slows down too early. Roundabout icon appears on dash. Is there any way I can switch this feature off? (Traffic assist isn’t on)

 

Keep your foot on the accelerator? 🤣 Sorry a cheeky comment, of no value, but I couldn't help myself ;)

 

In all seriousness though, you WANT ACC to be active as you hit a roundabout? Sounds like a recipe for disaster!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hmm, we have Voice and have never paid a penny for it! We didn't even order it when we ordered the car. 

I have renewed the whole connect+ package for  £219 for 2 years and can confirm Voice is still working. We don't use it except if I want to give one or two specific commands that I don't know how to do on the menus. 🙃

 

In other news 40mpg while on holiday, mixed driving but longish  D mode runs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, aldfort said:

Hmm, we have Voice and have never paid a penny for it! We didn't even order it when we ordered the car. 

I have renewed the whole connect+ package for  £219 for 2 years and can confirm Voice is still working. We don't use it except if I want to give one or two specific commands that I don't know how to do on the menus. 🙃

 

In other news 40mpg while on holiday, mixed driving but longish  D mode runs. 


Voice was standard when the mk8 first came out (mine came with it too as standard) They made it a chargeable option at a MY change. Of course if you have Pro nav then it’s included with that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it's the one that drains the water coming out of the camera washer nozzle
But I may be wrong

I don't have a camera, so can check tomorrow to see if I have one.
If I don't, I would think the above is true.

Can you take a picture with the whole area ?
so I can understand where it is relative to other stuff
(is it the hatch door ?)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, AHG said:

I think it's the one that drains the water coming out of the camera washer nozzle
But I may be wrong

I don't have a camera, so can check tomorrow to see if I have one.
If I don't, I would think the above is true.

Can you take a picture with the whole area ?
so I can understand where it is relative to other stuff
(is it the hatch door ?)

Yes it's the tailgate, the second image is fretting caused by the drain grommet contacting the bumper 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Current Donation Goals

    • Raised £170
  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...