8R Quick Question thread

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Those could have proved to be hollow words if it had all gone pear shaped!  😱   Fortunately so far, so good!     I used the spare key to unlock the car, created a second profile (using d

Look out the windscreen.   Sorry, couldn’t resist. 😜 

For some clarity on driving modes:   Comfort mode - all setting in Comfort, gearbox in Eco D Sport mode - settings in Sport, gearbox in D. Car defaults to this mode each start up.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Zero71 said:

Can soundaktor be disabled in the Mk8 in all modes. I know you can set it to pure in Individual. On my BMW it was as simple  as pulling a fuse. 

I don’t think anyone on here has done it yet either by disconnecting it physically or via OBDeleven/VCDS.  On my mk7 I coded mine off (OBDeleven) but not much info out there regards coding with the mk8 yet.  I must dig my OBDeleven dongle out and have a look.  

In my experience, when I did my favourite stations not all of them had their logos.  Classic FM for one.  It bothered me also that when you select a station your strip of faves remains. The Mk7 displayed the station, its logo, the programme and the current music.  However, don't ask me why, my Mk8 now does just that . . . after you have been playing the same station for four or five minutes.  At least, it has been doing this for the past week or so.   Next week maybe all change.  It has a mind of its own.

1 hour ago, Jagman said:

In my experience, when I did my favourite stations not all of them had their logos.  Classic FM for one.  It bothered me also that when you select a station your strip of faves remains. The Mk7 displayed the station, its logo, the programme and the current music.  However, don't ask me why, my Mk8 now does just that . . . after you have been playing the same station for four or five minutes.  At least, it has been doing this for the past week or so.   Next week maybe all change.  It has a mind of its own.

Yeah I noticed doesn’t expand the station you picked to cover the whole screen. Have to go back to the main screen and have it showing in one of the boxes. The station text doesn’t scroll either 

I think for the Mk 8 you are dependant on the station transmitting the logo or at least data that allows the infotainment to display a logo.

On Radio the car seems to decide after a bit that it will show the logo on full screen. I don't know why either. If you select the window (tile) screen it does not happen (scroll left from main menu screen to find the tile screen).

Not a question but just an observation whilst out and about today driving.  First had some fun this morning in Special Mode which is my favourite mode for certain roads, I just love it.  Then later was in Individual mode with most stuff set to Race bar the DCC and the engine sound which is usually in Pure as that’s my preference.  Due to static traffic stayed in Individual but nudged the DSG into D just for a bit and then whilst bored in traffic decided to listen to all the engine sounds (soundaktor) back to back.  In doing this, noted that if you’re in Individual but gearbox in D, if you select any alternative engine sound (to the one currently selected) it puts the DSG back into S. And that aside, and maybe it’s my imagination, but moving between the engine sounds does seem to change the feel of the car more than just the soundaktor.  

Useless observation of the day over!  😁

1 hour ago, Chet said:

I noticed the exact thing on way gone Rebecca, this thing is so software led!. Having a few beers tonight, much needed lol but will be a passenger for the first time; so will report back 

If you’re a passenger after the beers you might not care about any of it….for a while.  

Enjoy a good drink Chet. 

3 hours ago, Blackpug said:

When does the car get it’s registration?  Is it as soon as it’s in the country?

40 minutes ago, Parky-SPP said:

Once the dealership assign it to the vehicle and tax it in the owners name. 

DVLA Register it as soon as it arrives in the UK with the next available VRN for the area it will be registered at (first two letters) they then send this to the dealer who can print the plates and prep the VWFS docs/tax etc. 

This usually takes 24 hours after being scanned as an arrival in the UK Docks. 

4 hours ago, JaseW said:

DVLA Register it as soon as it arrives in the UK with the next available VRN for the area it will be registered at (first two letters) they then send this to the dealer who can print the plates and prep the VWFS docs/tax etc. 

This usually takes 24 hours after being scanned as an arrival in the UK Docks. 

VW Warrington don't register cars till the  morning of the delivery date, my car was in the UK for 8 days before it was registered 

7 minutes ago, Dannybear83 said:

VW Warrington don't register cars till the  morning of the delivery date, my car was in the UK for 8 days before it was registered 

This make sense (or maybe they've been stung) as if they register a car in someone's name - then the person pulls out at the last minute, they have a 2nd hand car to sell that should be brand new.