8R Operational Tips and Tricks

Booth11

On 09/02/2024 at 14:49, ne0star said:

Is it possible to change the colour for the radio background?  Its well bright when your driving around in the dark.  I would rather it was just the same dark blue colour as the main interface.

IMG_0969.png.ee59679b8a26b15862028915f4e049c8.png

You could change to the dark them via the dropdown menu. This will make it alot less bright.

On 09/02/2024 at 13:49, ne0star said:

Is it possible to change the colour for the radio background?  Its well bright when your driving around in the dark.  I would rather it was just the same dark blue colour as the main interface.

IMG_0969.png.ee59679b8a26b15862028915f4e049c8.png

As @-kenny- says, change the infotainment screen to dark mode (pull down top main screen and switch from light to dark in the drop down menu (see pic below)

IMG_8661.thumb.jpeg.f330e02fef8d4ed0627ba5f4c1bc959b.jpeg

and the tiles will then have the darker colour background like pic below. Colours depend on your background colour choic. 

image.jpeg.5087a441b13b3e7829354619f337d2fd.jpeg

7 hours ago, AHG said:

That menu is the most important thing in the car

I swipe first thing every drive (start stop off)

leave it in dark

you don’t need more

its great

I just shove it in S (usually via Indi mode) and be gone with the hateful stop start.  😁

5 hours ago, Booth11 said:

I just shove it in S (usually via Indi mode) and be gone with the hateful stop start.  😁

Until you try to park it in reverse, and it dies mid-maneuver.

Nah, I want it off, so I can choose my gears according to preference and not from fear of it turning off when I’m coasting to wait for a green light.

47 minutes ago, AHG said:

Until you try to park it in reverse, and it dies mid-maneuver.

Nah, I want it off, so I can choose my gears according to preference and not from fear of it turning off when I’m coasting to wait for a green light.

I’ve actually surprisingly never had it kick in whilst reversing or manoeuvring - perhaps a joy yet to come!   My pet hate is when it kicks in on a roundabout junction. 

If I am in D (I do dabble in that dark mode when traffic is crawling along) it goes off.  I would still prefer to be able to code it off (as I did on my 7R) but it’s at least easier to turn off as a shortcut on the infotainment screen than it was on the mk7 with the button on the far side of the gearstick for us RHD plebs.  

1 hour ago, aldfort said:

Same here, stop start has never cut in while in reverse.

Collision Avoidance has been a bit keen once or twice when it detected a leaf threatening to rip the back off the car though! 🤣🤣

That must have been some scary leaf!  😄

I do find the start / stop on the Mk8 way more sensitive than on my previous Mk7.5 GTI.  I have had a few touch and go moments on roundabouts and junctions where I have been looking to make a run for it and the car has decided to conk out 😅

On 12/02/2024 at 12:24, Booth11 said:

As @-kenny- says, change the infotainment screen to dark mode (pull down top main screen and switch from light to dark in the drop down menu (see pic below)

IMG_8661.thumb.jpeg.f330e02fef8d4ed0627ba5f4c1bc959b.jpeg

and the tiles will then have the darker colour background like pic below. Colours depend on your background colour choic. 

image.jpeg.5087a441b13b3e7829354619f337d2fd.jpeg

Interesting that they put the heated seat controls on the lower right in a RHD car, but the power button is still way over on the left side for you to mute when required.