Starting the dechrome...

After having these vinyl strips in the house for a few weeks the weather was finally nice enough while I’m off work to get them onto the car. There’s a few tiny air bubbles that I need to squeeze out but I’m quite happy so far!

Next step is the bottom lip - any suggestions on what works best? Vinyl again, are they easily removable to spray or buy a new one in black? 😊

FD5CA7F6-3489-4484-A0B8-3C054E3A6433.jpeg

3D0DBA59-01C6-4ABE-9DDD-1DF28BBD885E.jpeg

41B27133-0FBA-44F9-BD26-CB06CDB0E30C.jpeg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Adding a little bit of yellow 🤪

After having these vinyl strips in the house for a few weeks the weather was finally nice enough while I’m off work to get them onto the car. There’s a few tiny air bubbles that I need to squeeze out

Little Update:   So slightly unrelated to the de-chrome first - I bought at fitted (well my brother fitted 😂) the maxton rear diffuser!  I was just after something to make it look that

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, Booth11 said:

Is yellow going to be your signature colour Hol?  Have you seen @Matt7R’s members’ ride thread as lots of great yellow inspiration in there.  

https://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/36733-75r-indium-wagon/page/10/#comments

Yeah I love the pops of yellow against a black car 😎 I’m going to paint the callipers yellow from a recommendation on here when the weather picks up a bit more!

I know I’ve seen someone’s on here that has yellow accents too but I can’t remember who, I’ll have to check that thread out! :D 

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Hol.

Just joined the VWROC forum and was looking for posts on decalling the chrome trim on my R. Spotted your post, I'm loving the black trim you done on the front 👍

Wonder did you ever get round to doing the lower lip?

Reason I ask it because i recently bought the ezmods decal for the lower lip but haven't tried fitting it yet... wanted to know if it was fairly easy to do and get lined up / tucked neat round the edges.

Thanks,

Steve

• 4 weeks later...
On 19/04/2021 at 22:35, Steve_W said:

Hey Hol.

Just joined the VWROC forum and was looking for posts on decalling the chrome trim on my R. Spotted your post, I'm loving the black trim you done on the front 👍

Wonder did you ever get round to doing the lower lip?

Reason I ask it because i recently bought the ezmods decal for the lower lip but haven't tried fitting it yet... wanted to know if it was fairly easy to do and get lined up / tucked neat round the edges.

Thanks,

Steve

Hiya,

sorry for the late reply! I’ve not been too active on here in a while - I didn’t get round to doing that yet as it seemed quite fiddly. Have you got yours done yet?😊

6 hours ago, Hol said:

Hiya,

sorry for the late reply! I’ve not been too active on here in a while - I didn’t get round to doing that yet as it seemed quite fiddly. Have you got yours done yet?😊

Hey Holly no worries.

Yeah i done mine a few weeks ago. Used the EZ mods vinyl strip and fitting kit they provide as extra (scalpal, plastic card). It took a wee while to get tucked in the edges and a few attempts and peeling off/on but turned out pretty good. Needed a hairdryer on it to mould round the corner a bit....

I'll send some photos in a minute 👍

7 minutes ago, Steve_W said:

Hey Holly no worries.

Yeah i done mine a few weeks ago. Used the EZ mods vinyl strip and fitting kit they provide as extra (scalpal, plastic card). It took a wee while to get tucked in the edges and a few attempts and peeling off/on but turned out pretty good. Needed a hairdryer on it to mould round the corner a bit....

20210515_170649.jpg

20210515_170702.jpg

On 15/05/2021 at 17:14, Steve_W said:

20210515_170649.jpg

20210515_170702.jpg

That looks really good, I think i'm going to have to give it a go!

I'm falling a little out of love with my car at the minute as the deep black pearl paint is in desperate need of some serious TLC before I even think about doing any other little mods, but the weather so far has been too bad to get detailing properly!

On 21/05/2021 at 15:57, Hol said:

That looks really good, I think i'm going to have to give it a go!

I'm falling a little out of love with my car at the minute as the deep black pearl paint is in desperate need of some serious TLC before I even think about doing any other little mods, but the weather so far has been too bad to get detailing properly!

The joys of owning a Black Car! 

Looks amazing when clean and polished but a pitter to keep it that way, especially with the weather were having. 

The only real feasible way to wrap the bottom chrome section is while it's on the car. It's a bumper off job if you want to remove them and wrap them off the car. 

I still haven't got round to doing mine yet. I'm not exactly the best wrapper around (no pun intended) This post has given me inspiration, so might get round to it this weekend, pending weather.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/05/2021 at 17:06, Steve_W said:

Hey Holly no worries.

Have you got a link for this as I can't find the lower lip vinyl strip on the EZ mods website.

19 minutes ago, TheBlondeFella said:

Have you got a link for this as I can't find the lower lip vinyl strip on the EZ mods website.

Yeah sure. Here you go....

https://www.ezmods.co/product-page/vw-golf-r-mk7-splitter-lip-overlay-decals

Like i say, a wee bit fidgity in places but if you take your time should be able to do a decent job  😃