Thought I would post some pics of my new R. As most of you know it’s a lease car supplied by Tim Hayes at VW Stockport. Fantastic service as usual. 

Despite it being a lease I look after them like they are my own. Given I haven’t got the time like I used to I decided to have the car detailed so requested it wasn’t cleaned prior to collection. It’s still looks good in the pics but rest assured it was filthy!! Once it’s back I have all the gear so will be able to keep on top of it. 

Anyway I thought I would start the thread with collection day photos. It’s currently being detailed so will post more pics when it’s all nice and clean 😎

2-A46-E396-8-C4-A-45-C9-9498-E9129371-C7
FDE020-AC-BE16-4327-B2-C0-725-A17-B9-EF0
0908-C29-B-CE51-46-B3-8475-B3-ADB9-B3-A5
82-FB1-F9-C-5399-4-C21-9895-1-AFF77-D963
96-C4-BDAE-EF1-D-485-A-8-B74-C6-AEB6-B46
EED30298-08-FF-4350-BA98-A8436-DEF0-ECF.
6-B5-CDF48-EC49-4-F55-A0-DE-DDB7-C55-D02
0-C787710-F538-4-BF2-A64-B-8-C7-D49-B270
128511-F8-9-EE5-4615-892-C-1-A69-A1-C750
4-DF47-EC7-094-D-4-C51-AD86-41-E45-A2696
63246448-ACF9-4-D3-A-9-BFD-566-B1-A8-D08
EFAB94-AD-2191-4587-B9-AA-BBBBD1-A82-E88
0-A8447-B0-26-B3-4-C5-C-B744-EF8-F80-C08

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought I would post some pics of my new R. As most of you know it’s a lease car supplied by Tim Hayes at VW Stockport. Fantastic service as usual.    Despite it being a lease I look after them

Picked it up from the JR Automotive today who have done an amazing job with the car. Think it looks absolutely amazing 😍  

Some of the pics the detailer took of the car  

Posted Images

@Darlo  Absolutely stunning car Darlo and fab photos. 😍 😎 I love the CCTV one too.  😁

The cloth seats are lovely!  Really like those.  I hope you're enjoying it so far.  Are you pleased with it?   

I bet you can't wait to get it back after it; 's been detailed, it'll look even better and be so easy to wash.  Look forward to reading about, and seeing lots more of your 8R!  

13 hours ago, Allen M said:

Lovely mate, exactly like mine - which with a little luck will be with me in a few weeks or so!

How are you finding it?

I absolutely love it mate. Having read/watched all the reviews and people moaning about the interior quality and the buttons etc I can honestly say it’s a lot of fuss about nothing. Buttons genuinely arnt an issue and the quality is much higher than expected. Couple of bits aren’t quite as good as my mK7.5 (cup holder cover being one) but it’s so much more modern and seems user friendly enough for me. Interior highlights for are steering wheel... nice and chunky and feel excellent quality. The seats... super supportive and comfy and think the look ace. Standard stereo better than expected. Quality of the media screen in conjunction with apple CarPlay. 

The drive is fine and not to firm with the 19’s and no dcc.

Hope once the exhaust beds in it will get a tad deeper but the pops and bangs are a laugh when you put it in R mode. 

Not given it the beans yet but can tell it’s quick only using up to 4K. I have only done 80 miles in it so lots more to find out. 

Most importantly... the Mrs likes it... she already wants to borrow it 😂

12 hours ago, Booth11 said:

@Darlo  Absolutely stunning car Darlo and fab photos. 😍 😎 I love the CCTV one too.  😁

The cloth seats are lovely!  Really like those.  I hope you're enjoying it so far.  Are you pleased with it?   

I bet you can't wait to get it back after it; 's been detailed, it'll look even better and be so easy to wash.  Look forward to reading about, and seeing lots more of your 8R!  

Thanks....I will let the pics do the talking but I am over the moon with it 😃😃

Looks awesome @Darlo congrats. 👍 🙂

I recall you said some time ago that you tend to say the truth about your cars and were going to compare it to your 7.5. So looking forward to your review! 🙂

Is it a worthy step up from the 7.5?

I would like a Mk 8 R as my next car at some point, but wondering how much better it is over the 7.5? I've a 2 year old 7.5 R with 13K miles and really like my car - just wondering actually how much better the Mk 8 is and if its worth the change yet?

54 minutes ago, dopper99 said:

Looks awesome @Darlo congrats. 👍 🙂

I recall you said some time ago that you tend to say the truth about your cars and were going to compare it to your 7.5. So looking forward to your review! 🙂

Is it a worthy step up from the 7.5?

I would like a Mk 8 R as my next car at some point, but wondering how much better it is over the 7.5? I've a 2 year old 7.5 R with 13K miles and really like my car - just wondering actually how much better the Mk 8 is and if its worth the change yet?

Thanks for the kind words!

I will keep you posted on my thoughts once I get a few miles under my belt in it.... both good and bad 😃

6 hours ago, Clarkie48 said:

Car looks gorgeous.

What have you had done at the detailers?

Thanks mate. 

I couldn’t afford the usual ceramic treatment I have had previously so essentially it was a deep clean, polish out any marks from transporting (which there were a few, in particular the bonnet and around the door handles), 12 months wax, wheels sealant and they coated all the glass. They were happy it has never been clean but they did note not much care had been given when in transport. £150 well spent for me.  

Being a proper grown up now means I can’t spend hours cleaning the cars like I used to. So my thoughts were get a good start and it will make keeping on top of it a little easier. I do have all the gear so I should hopefully be able to keep looking decent most of the time without having to spend too much time on it. 

I just wish I had done this with her merc when we got it. It needs a really good going over.... black is nightmare 😫

15 hours ago, Booth11 said:

Wow!  Looks a jaw dropper!  💙

Glad you’re over the moon with it. 

Looks Fab!

Think I’ll book mine in with Booth for a detail if I get one😀

Did you get the front PPF’d?

Just wonder if will be a good investment on Lapis to keep those pesky stone chips at bay?