Jump to content

What did you do with your NOT R today?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Added buttons to the RS3 steering wheel along with Urus paddles. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I know we've had a pretty long running "What did you do with your R today?" thread but figured it might be a good idea to throw one together for 2nd cars, partners cars, DIY at home, or like me ex-

I disagree. I believe he was questioning his manhood. If we allow this sort of thing to go unpunished what next? Offering help with directions?! I won't stand for it!!

Posted Images

  • 1 month later...

After mulling it over I pulled the trigger and installed the ASR exhaust module. 

 

https://asr-component.de/startseite/82-2836-klappensteuerung-rx2-mercedes-ml2-c205.html#/37-startmodus-letzter_zustand_standard/52-handsender_variante-typ_1_mit_schieber

 

Even when set to "powerful" the exhaust doesn't open 100% until certain criteria are met. One of these is above 4000rpm but I think it might also open fully under full load at low rpm. This module now allows me to open it 100% all of the time for a bit more sound when driving around below 4000rpm. At the click of a button it can then be set back to factory with the button in the cockpit operating it.

 

Haven't had a chance to fully test it yet but it's noticeably louder at idle. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, tweaked9107 said:

After mulling it over I pulled the trigger and installed the ASR exhaust module. 

 

https://asr-component.de/startseite/82-2836-klappensteuerung-rx2-mercedes-ml2-c205.html#/37-startmodus-letzter_zustand_standard/52-handsender_variante-typ_1_mit_schieber

 

Even when set to "powerful" the exhaust doesn't open 100% until certain criteria are met. One of these is above 4000rpm but I think it might also open fully under full load at low rpm. This module now allows me to open it 100% all of the time for a bit more sound when driving around below 4000rpm. At the click of a button it can then be set back to factory with the button in the cockpit operating it.

 

Haven't had a chance to fully test it yet but it's noticeably louder at idle. 

Looks a pretty useful little tool, effectively an advanced valved system for a fraction of the price, noticed the tiguan R version which I guess would fit the Golf although I’m sure if I translated the page and looked in more depth there might be one. 
 

Mentioned earlier that it’s annoying especially on the quieter WLTP cars that you have to be in race and have the box in S for the flaps to fully open (or at least that’s my understanding) be much better if you could maintain use of the paddles with fully open flaps. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gus Fring said:

Looks a pretty useful little tool, effectively an advanced valved system for a fraction of the price, noticed the tiguan R version which I guess would fit the Golf although I’m sure if I translated the page and looked in more depth there might be one. 
 

Mentioned earlier that it’s annoying especially on the quieter WLTP cars that you have to be in race and have the box in S for the flaps to fully open (or at least that’s my understanding) be much better if you could maintain use of the paddles with fully open flaps. 

 

Yeh, it was always an annoyance on the Golf for me. The Merc already has a switchable performance exhaust, but this just allows more control. It also means I don't have to keep turning the exhaust back to open every time I start the car which is nice. 

 

They have versions on there for the Tiguan R, Golf R32, mk6, mk7, mk7.5 and mk8 R as well. From memory I think it can be changed in the software for the Golf's though. Or maybe that was just the soundaktor?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
13 hours ago, camelsac2002 said:

Did an economy run in the BM yesterday. Into EcoPro mode and cruise control set to the various speed limits - 40 to 70 mph. Not bad for a three litre turbo!

20210706_063046.jpg

That's superb and without any coasting at all.   I don't think the coasting works then you're using cruise control and I've never had a car that was more economical when using cruise control (standard or adaptive) than my normal driving.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
That's superb and without any coasting at all.   I don't think the coasting works then you're using cruise control and I've never had a car that was more economical when using cruise control (standard or adaptive) than my normal driving.  

Other way around when I was truck driving after the credit crunch hammered construction. The truck would coast down hill (we called it Mexican cruise control) when in cruise control. That said, I’d take over when climbing hills as I could let the truck lug down to 1100 rpm at 44 tons - in cruise, the gearbox would change down sooner and send the revs up. I could get just short of 11 mpg which was a great improvement on the previous trucks that did 9.5. When those trucks are working 24 hours a day, apart from Saturday nights, and doing 200,000 kms a year, nearly 1.5mpg saving is actually quite a lot.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, camelsac2002 said:


Other way around when I was truck driving after the credit crunch hammered construction. The truck would coast down hill (we called it Mexican cruise control) when in cruise control. That said, I’d take over when climbing hills as I could let the truck lug down to 1100 rpm at 44 tons - in cruise, the gearbox would change down sooner and send the revs up. I could get just short of 11 mpg which was a great improvement on the previous trucks that did 9.5. When those trucks are working 24 hours a day, apart from Saturday nights, and doing 200,000 kms a year, nearly 1.5mpg saving is actually quite a lot.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1.5mpg is a huge number on a truck.   I run a fleet of 600 units and nearly 1000 trailers and even 0.1mpg makes a big difference in my weekly costs.    Agree that cruise does work better on an HGV.   I had a demo of what looks to be a great bit of kit which uses the forward facing camera and some smart AI linked into the CANBUS, it reads the traffic (vehicles in front, changing lanes, queues/slow ahead etc) and then adjusts the set speed in anticipation to reduce the need for braking/acceleration.   It's what you do naturally when driving a car, although some people do ignore what's happening and brake hard at the last minute....so you can see how it would benefit assuming it actually works.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/07/2021 at 11:23, Martin2 said:

1.5mpg is a huge number on a truck.   I run a fleet of 600 units and nearly 1000 trailers and even 0.1mpg makes a big difference in my weekly costs.    Agree that cruise does work better on an HGV.   I had a demo of what looks to be a great bit of kit which uses the forward facing camera and some smart AI linked into the CANBUS, it reads the traffic (vehicles in front, changing lanes, queues/slow ahead etc) and then adjusts the set speed in anticipation to reduce the need for braking/acceleration.   It's what you do naturally when driving a car, although some people do ignore what's happening and brake hard at the last minute....so you can see how it would benefit assuming it actually works.

Which company is that Martin?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Current Donation Goals

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...