Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Berty182

Hello from Wales

Recommended Posts

Hey everyone, new to the forum. Currently on the look out for a MK7, Golf R 😁. Previously had a RS MK2 in ultimate green but feel like it's time to move on to something more modern. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome mate!

 

What part of South Wales are you from?.

 

I am in Newport and you're welcome to come for a spin if you want a test drive without a deal sales person sat with you.

 

Jon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to VWROC!   

 

:welcome:
 

Hope you find what you’re looking for Huw.  Loads of help to be had here so post up any questions that pop up and I’m sure help will follow.  I see you’ve popped up a Wanted advert in Classifieds, I hope that leads somewhere.  Good luck in your search.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Berty182 said:

Hey everyone, new to the forum. Currently on the look out for a MK7, Golf R 😁. Previously had a RS MK2 in ultimate green but feel like it's time to move on to something more modern. 

Welcome to the forum Huw...:welcome:....Best of luck with your R search....:afro:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Muzza said:

Welcome mate!

 

What part of South Wales are you from?.

 

I am in Newport and you're welcome to come for a spin if you want a test drive without a deal sales person sat with you.

 

Jon

Thanks for the welcome 😁. I live near Aberaeron so right on the coast! Thank you very much for the offer! If I'm down that way I'll definitely let you know! 

10 hours ago, Booth11 said:

Welcome to VWROC!   

 

:welcome:
 

Hope you find what you’re looking for Huw.  Loads of help to be had here so post up any questions that pop up and I’m sure help will follow.  I see you’ve popped up a Wanted advert in Classifieds, I hope that leads somewhere.  Good luck in your search.  

Thank you mate. I'm usually a little be skeptical about buying privately but buying through a forum with enthusiasts and history of a car available it makes me more confident. 

8 hours ago, NRW said:

Hello Huw & welcome.  All set for your search?  If yo get a go in one you’ll buy one. 😀

Thanks for the welcome 😁. I'm all set, I have the money waiting, just waiting for the right one now! 

1 hour ago, goodbadboy said:

Welcome to the forum Huw...:welcome:....Best of luck with your R search....:afro:

Thanks for the welcome. Im excited and itching to find one now. 😁😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Berty182 said:

I've come across this advert for an R and spec wise it looks spot on but I get the feeling that it's maybe a bit over priced for the mileage? 

 

https://www.apexperformancecars.co.uk/vehicle/volkswagen-golf-r-dsg-4motion-ss-in-west-yorkshire-153d49f9-ba70-4b67-b376-acf700ff216c

Forgot to add that it does seem to have quite a few optional extras so maybe that's pushing the price up? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Berty182 said:

Forgot to add that it does seem to have quite a few optional extras so maybe that's pushing the price up? 


The pan roof (£1000) akra exhaust (£3000) and winter pack (£250?) are the extras in it. It’s not fully loaded but a nice spec for sure. For the mileage it seems steep honestly. I feel the exhaust is what is pushing that up against the rest of the car.

 

I am looking to go down west Wales in a few weeks with the wife and kids for a day or so break when we can so If you’re about you’re welcome to come for a spin while they go shopping or whatever girls do 😂.

 

I’d have a list of things I’d want as extras and work from there. That exhaust sells used for a good chunk of money and would fund an aftermarket one with money left over!. 
 

Jon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Muzza said:


The pan roof (£1000) akra exhaust (£3000) and winter pack (£250?) are the extras in it. It’s not fully loaded but a nice spec for sure. For the mileage it seems steep honestly. I feel the exhaust is what is pushing that up against the rest of the car.

 

I am looking to go down west Wales in a few weeks with the wife and kids for a day or so break when we can so If you’re about you’re welcome to come for a spin while they go shopping or whatever girls do 😂.

 

I’d have a list of things I’d want as extras and work from there. That exhaust sells used for a good chunk of money and would fund an aftermarket one with money left over!. 
 

Jon

My guess is the exhaust that's bumped the price up as well. It looks lovely but it does seem steep for the mileage. Trying to get a good understanding of the current market climate is for R's. My budget is about £25k so hopefully that will get me a decent one. 

 

You'll have to keep me posted mate 😁 plenty of nice roads down this way for a spin especially when the weather's nice! 

 

The optional extras are far greater than what I'm use to coming from an RS. Think I need to try and find a list of all the optional extras and pick what if want and go from there like you say 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Berty182 said:

My guess is the exhaust that's bumped the price up as well. It looks lovely but it does seem steep for the mileage. Trying to get a good understanding of the current market climate is for R's. My budget is about £25k so hopefully that will get me a decent one. 

 

You'll have to keep me posted mate 😁 plenty of nice roads down this way for a spin especially when the weather's nice! 

 

The optional extras are far greater than what I'm use to coming from an RS. Think I need to try and find a list of all the optional extras and pick what if want and go from there like you say 


I went for every option apart from leather seats and dynamic chassis as I’ve never had it and don’t miss it. Coming from a focus st (which had concrete bricks for suspension) the lowered R is still way more comfortable!.

 

25k should get you a decent spec 2018 model car with 25-30k miles IMO. The exhaust is nice but not worth the premium. 2 years regular use and that will be an 80k car. 
 

The pricing is so weird at the moment. That means my car is worth 30+ with all the extras on it and only 18k miles. Madness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Muzza said:


I went for every option apart from leather seats and dynamic chassis as I’ve never had it and don’t miss it. Coming from a focus st (which had concrete bricks for suspension) the lowered R is still way more comfortable!.

 

25k should get you a decent spec 2018 model car with 25-30k miles IMO. The exhaust is nice but not worth the premium. 2 years regular use and that will be an 80k car. 
 

The pricing is so weird at the moment. That means my car is worth 30+ with all the extras on it and only 18k miles. Madness

I had a Vauxhall Astra Nurburgring which had leather seats and my god were they horrible in the summer, they'd get so hot in the sun your struggle to sit on them 🤣

 

I spotted a 67 plate earlier with only 18k miles on the clock for a little under 25k so you're pretty much spot on with your pricing!

 

Pricing is really weird. At least I'm starting to get an idea on pricing and what certain spec's should cost. 

 

Have you had your R for long? It's good to know that the R's hold their value pretty well.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...