Penguin

Hyundai i20N

Looks like Hyundai have pulled out another cracker with the i20N.  Nice looking car and reviews seem really positive so far. 

https://www.evo.co.uk/hyundai/i20-n

Give it a few years of depreciation and these will be a performance pocket rocket 'bargain'

ALP_0619.jpgALP_0218.jpg

16 hours ago, BobbyT said:

Yeah I don't mind this either, apparently the engine isn't quite as sweet as it could be. I'm not keen on all the red bits but they could be blacked out. 

Agreed and whilst I don't dislike the red trim I think gloss black would be a much nicer/sharper contrast against the Performance blue paint work.  

I can't wait to see where Hyundai go from here, the first gens of the i20/30N are seemingly very good indeed The competition has had 40 years to nail it. 

(not driven the i20N but the i30N is very good and much fun). 

I like the looks (mostly) and it seems a good package with good range of colours. I’ve seen on some European Hyundai sites that the red colour comes with silver accents instead of red that makes it quite subtle (trouble is the red of car then clashes with red on brake callipers.

Seems the ride is quite firm which might not be my cup of tea. So maybe an i30N with adaptive dampers is a better idea. But seems this might also be fairly firm. Maybe this is not the car(s) brand for me. But certainly going to have a test drive when they finally appear at dealers.

Also would you swap a 2016 mk7 for one of these ? I am coming to conclusion that I would be mad to let the mk7 go (in p/x) (it’s 3dr, manual) (yes upgraded clutch, so won’t be going wrong again on a stock car).

So my list of new cars decreasing every month really. So it will be.....just keep R forever.

I like the looks (mostly) and it seems a good package with good range of colours. I’ve seen on some European Hyundai sites that the red colour comes with silver accents instead of red that makes it quite subtle (trouble is the red of car then clashes with red on brake callipers.

Seems the ride is quite firm which might not be my cup of tea. So maybe an i30N with adaptive dampers is a better idea. But seems this might also be fairly firm. Maybe this is not the car(s) brand for me. But certainly going to have a test drive when they finally appear at dealers.

Also would you swap a 2016 mk7 for one of these ? I am coming to conclusion that I would be mad to let the mk7 go (in p/x) (it’s 3dr, manual) (yes upgraded clutch, so won’t be going wrong again on a stock car).

So my list of new cars decreasing every month really. So it will be.....just keep R forever.

Different class of car though. I’d take it over a Fiesta I reckon. I think it’ll be great fun, given how fat and bloated hot hatches have become. Problem is, we’re spoiled by technology now - my first hot hatch, an XR3i, had none of this tech - no adaptive dampers and not even power steering but it was great fun to drive. Same as when I was a child - if you needed more room, you bought an estate - people carriers didn’t exist and don’t get me started on SUVs. Horrible, barges that lots of people seem to have a penchant for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk