T-Boy52

Pretoria finish

I cant decide on the finish of Pretoria wheels. I was going to order a set from CMwheels but cant decide on the Hyper Black or the Gun Metal. Its for a Lapiz car. Anyone got any photos of them on a car? I'm going towards the gun metal more......

image.png.94828063488f5267506cbbb1c7309133.png

Hyper Black

image.png.4016865a9ff8f0f8eba0568dcbe762c0.png

Gun Metal

I`m also considering a set of Pretoria reps and my concern is also the colour.

Ideally I`d like the colour to be as close to OE Prets as possible but from the pics I`ve seen the silver ones might be just a bit too bright for me.

I`d like to see a genuine Pretoria next to a rep . . of to search now . . 

For Lapiz I`d go for the gunmetal as I`m not too keen on black wheels but saying that those hyper black look alright.

Either colour looks good. I’d assume that hyper black would be darker than gunmetal, but looking at the pictures, the gunmetal wheel looks darker. Might just be the different angle and different lighting conditions under which the two pictures were taken.

Edit; just looked at the pictures on CM Wheels website, and I’d go for gunmetal. 

My Lapiz 7.5 R has black Prets from the factory (can't seem to find a photo).  Wasn't certain about them at first but turns out they look both menacing yet understated when clean and shiny.  That said, given the choice I'd go for gunmetal every time. 

I have the gun metal ones on my R. Had them on since I have buckled the OEM Pretoria’s. Still prefer the OEM Pretoria’s but for £500 a set the CM ones are good value. 

I got some 19" pret reps from CM wheels recently. I went with the gloss black to tie in with the high gloss black side skirts and other high gloss black plastic.

I was initially drawn to the gunmetal but I didnt want to introduce another colour of metal on the car because you've already got the satin-effect mirror caps (and roof rails in the estate's case) and the extra-shiny metal-effect R badges on the front wing. I felt gunmetal alloys would have been another colour too many.

Here's a pic of my car with the wheels on the car.20210309_131447.thumb.jpg.e960fad1ae351c630d1d25a7e0a9efeb.jpg

20210306_173312.jpg

Weight of 19" Pret rep with brand new 235 Michelin PS4S: 20.9kg

So a 0.5kg difference. 

Difference in ride between the two is negligible too, and I'm hoping the improvement in grip - and looks - far outweigh the penalty. 

20210307_114429.jpg

Edited by Good_Samaritan
To remove contradiction in statement about the ride

19 hours ago, T-Boy52 said:

I cant decide on the finish of Pretoria wheels. I was going to order a set from CMwheels but cant decide on the Hyper Black or the Gun Metal. Its for a Lapiz car. Anyone got any photos of them on a car? I'm going towards the gun metal more......

image.png.94828063488f5267506cbbb1c7309133.png

Hyper Black

image.png.4016865a9ff8f0f8eba0568dcbe762c0.png

Gun Metal

Gun Metal...(just)...Both great colours.....:afro:

Cheers all, I've gone for Gunmetal. Interesting about weight I just presumed they be loads heavier. I'm going form 18" cadiz to 18" prets so should be about the same weight. I was a bit worried about ride quality on 19" as I don't have adjustable suspension option and in the end its the family car. Going to order some PS4 for them when they turn up. 

I am about to replace my buckled prets with replicas and on top of the choice of colour there is also the choice of 8" or 8.5" width

I know the originals are 8" but I was wondering if the 8.5" fit the arches better with the same offset (45)