Anyone else had the "gunshots" yet? 😁

I just have the standard exhaust. I was out for a drive with my better half. Nicely up to temp so put it in Race. Tried a couple of manual downshifts  - BANG 💥 - they were like rifle shots! Wife and I just grinned at each other 😋

Nothing as loud as this with the 2 MK7's I had.

21 minutes ago, Fruitloop said:

I just have the standard exhaust. I was out for a drive with my better half. Nicely up to temp so put it in Race. Tried a couple of manual downshifts  - BANG 💥 - they were like rifle shots! Wife and I just grinned at each other 😋

I’ve had a few cracks in Race mode with the Akra which was amusing and made me giggle like a child. 😁

1 hour ago, Fruitloop said:

Yeah had quite a few once warm 🙌🏻😂

I have done a video of the exhaust whilst the car is stationary for my friends son who is a petrol head. It’s very entertaining.

I would post it but trying to edit the reg would make my head hurt 😂

On 07/04/2021 at 13:28, Fruitloop said:

I'm really surprised at the stock exhaust, only had it a couple of days but it's caught me off guard a few times.

A beautiful quiet evening yesterday, birds tweeting then I 'accidentally' did this when pulling into the drive like a complete hooligan 😂

https://bit.ly/2ReEZpx

47 minutes ago, Ignition1 said:

Speaking of stock exhausts - the MK8's look different to before. I'm sure they are thicker rimmed and don't extend as far back as the 7? Is this just the angle? 

MK8: 

image.thumb.png.e608e6bf044e2f386e992495149e3ddd.png

And the 7:

image.png.ff94f369c003768f4e8d421906fc3bc1.png

The MK8 has new tips. They do have a thicker edge.

1 hour ago, Ignition1 said:

Speaking of stock exhausts - the MK8's look different to before. I'm sure they are thicker rimmed and don't extend as far back as the 7? Is this just the angle? 

MK8: 

image.thumb.png.e608e6bf044e2f386e992495149e3ddd.png

They do look to be shorter than the mk7 tips too. 

mk7s 

B0655F02-6918-4DD3-8040-00741D0843CE.thumb.jpeg.4c882472b485bd6c5c8d84e2df0bf9a4.jpeg

5A6330DC-AEB9-4C9E-9965-8394D45677FD.thumb.jpeg.b47925dea27acd93a06902b880c43376.jpeg

1212AE5E-405D-4C68-B586-53812D94F94C.jpeg

Interesting that the MK7 tips from your photos @Booth11 look like pipe goes down then to the side. Where in the MK8 (stock exhaust) it goes up then to the side. Maybe that change required a shorter "thick" part of the pipe. Or actually the distance from the end of tip to when the pipe bends upwards is now shorter compared the 7 where the distance was longer before the pipe tilted down.

Are your Akras the same or do they extend further in?

I'm clearly looking into this too much :D 

28 minutes ago, Ignition1 said:

Interesting that the MK7 tips from your photos @Booth11 look like pipe goes down then to the side. Where in the MK8 (stock exhaust) it goes up then to the side. Maybe that change required a shorter "thick" part of the pipe. Or actually the distance from the end of tip to when the pipe bends upwards is now shorter compared the 7 where the distance was longer before the pipe tilted down.

Are your Akras the same or do they extend further in?

I'm clearly looking into this too much :D 

The Akra tips are short like the standard mk8 ones.  

C3CCEE62-8D1D-4A4D-9929-968513EE8637.thumb.jpeg.3c4fea3bcabdb1833f35ed6557d4faf9.jpeg

A7543C27-60ED-4E84-933C-C4BCC9B50652.thumb.jpeg.f548629961a90c6a74b2b2751a71af37.jpeg

That’s what forums are for, overthinking things with like minded people. 😁