Booth11

Bec’s Lapiz 8R first detail - *pic heavy*

2 hours ago, gregozedobe said:

I've used the Scholl S20 with a blue spider pad recently on the heavier scratches/swirls on my Octavia, I'd rate it as a medium cut compound rather than a heavy cut (but note that my Oct seems to have quite hard paint, so I don't know how it would go on a softer paint).  The S20 did finish down to an OK gloss, but not as shiny as NV Finesse.  I used the S20 where the Precision didn't cut enough.

Good to you think the S20 is more medium than heavy.  If used (at some point) I’d want to follow it up with a finishing polish though for that final jewelling finish.  The NV Finesse sounds good.   

23 minutes ago, Pinky1959 said:

The car is super stunning now, but I knew it would be , Well done .

Why do you not coat the front windscreen ? do you not like it done ?

Thanks Pinky.  

No I’m not keen on coatings/sealants on the front glass due to the potential for wiper judder etc, so I prefer to have it free from anything, just well cleaned.  I know some prefer not use wipers and prefer to rely on coating to repel rain, but I actually prefer to use wipers to clear the screen. 

On 13/04/2021 at 18:44, Pinky1959 said:

I use H2GO on all my cars windows and it is super brilliant and rarely use my wipers , even at 20 mph the water runs off .

Same here but I do get wiper judder sometimes if i use them at town speeds. Best cure seems to be clean the blades then treat with GummiPflege.

Anyway, sorry, off topic. I've just caught up on your thread Rebecca. Stunning work as always! I also love Lapiz - clean and shiny in the sun it's just ❤️

Absolutely amazing finish on that car, really love the blue now. Looks like you got the full options there. PP and AKRA - did you get the dcc too ? No wonder you used crystal rock to treat it. How does that compare (apart from being 4x more expensive) to the BOS ? Fantastic work as always. 

On 13/04/2021 at 18:28, Booth11 said:

Thanks Pinky.  

No I’m not keen on coatings/sealants on the front glass due to the potential for wiper judder etc, so I prefer to have it free from anything, just well cleaned.  I know some prefer not use wipers and prefer to rely on coating to repel rain, but I actually prefer to use wipers to clear the screen. 

I tried it years ago and as you've said, there was some judder after a while and it messed with the auto wiper accuracy.  Maybe because the water speeded up as it went up the screen and over the sensor?

7 minutes ago, Martin2 said:

I tried it years ago and as you've said, there was some judder after a while and it messed with the auto wiper accuracy.  Maybe because the water speeded up as it went up the screen and over the sensor?

If you’re a driver who prefers never to use wipers I can well understand the choice of a glass coating, but if you do like using wipers then I think at some point it becomes a journey down a rabbit hole trying different things to off-set judder.  I’ve had it previously with glass sealants and for me the remedy was to leave the front windscreen free of product.  I’d much rather fit a decent set of wipers (aerotwins are my choice) and get them to do the job they’re designed to do.