My 8R - 300 miles in 48 hours

Thought I’d introduce myself, I’m Motty. Own a performance & tuning company over in Chester but live in the Stockport area.

Received my R on Tuesday, and have covered 300 + miles in 48 hours. Due to

commute etc. 

it’s already displaying requirement for an oil change upon startup 🙈

Here’s a few pictures I had the guys at work take. 

CF6209BC-5C92-4249-BABE-EDC15C7EF392.jpeg

9543DD38-9647-4C4E-97FA-31B63A4A2199.jpeg

AA8C6680-5444-4FCC-BA20-25601C3AFDD7.jpeg

CE3B87AC-B06B-419A-B704-E865B56A6626.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Clarkie48 said:

Welcome.Nice MK8 R in the correct colour.😎

Whats the name of the company you own?

Called Assetti Performance - ive been in the automotive performance & aftermarket parts business for over 10 years now.

Assetti is a new brand mind you thats going to see more face to face with customers as weve always been just ecommerce supply only.

So changing things up a bit for ourselves & Just building the new side of things in a brand new modern 15,000 square foot facilty just next to cheshire oaks at the moment but rest assured its going to be something quite special very soon. 

The golf is my daily driver, ya never know though may be some plans for it in the future. Not sure i will be able to resit when the 4wd Dyno cell is installed in 6 to 12 weeks time.  

3 minutes ago, Mottyc2gt said:

Called Assetti Performance - ive been in the automotive performance & aftermarket parts business for over 10 years now.

Assetti is a new brand mind you thats going to see more face to face with customers as weve always been just ecommerce supply only.

So changing things up a bit for ourselves & Just building the new side of things in a brand new modern 15,000 square foot facilty just next to cheshire oaks at the moment but rest assured its going to be something quite special very soon. 

The golf is my daily driver, ya never know though may be some plans for it in the future. Not sure i will be able to resit when the 4wd Dyno cell is installed in 6 to 12 weeks time.  

Good to know mate.Will keep you in mind in future for mods.👍🏻

8 hours ago, Booth11 said:

Looks epic!  Great pics and best colour.  😉

Hope you’re enjoying it so far aside from the service message.

And welcome to VWROC!  

Thanks for the welcome! 

It’s been years since I was on a forum but had found VWROC really informative during the 75 day wait for the car so felt I’d join the community.

• 2 months later...