J1VWR

Has my car been lowered? If not, what springs to go for?

13 minutes ago, v7fmp said:

Some lovely cars in here!

Is there a reason you guys went with the H&R springs over other options like Eibachs etc?

Just what worked for me. I may look at Eibach in future but the springs work perfectly for my usage and gives the stance I wanted. I have no issues throwing the car around a corner when the time/place permits. The rear ARB I have to install will remove any rear end instability if going a little to mad.

41 minutes ago, Clarkie48 said:

Been looking at front lips myself,but can’t decide which one to go for.Looking for a carbon one.

The Maxton kit (front spoiler, side skirts and rear diffuser) finished the car off nice. They offer carbon looking ones but you’d need to change the gloss surrounds for the radiator intakes on the front or it won’t match. 

I love carbon but the gloss black matches the rest of the trim and doesn’t look half arsed or out of place. 

44 minutes ago, Muzza said:

H&R springs. Non DCC on 8.5 wheels. Drives lovely for a daily driver. No issues at all.

Did scrape the Maxton front lip (underneath) on the mountain joining the road from the petrol station (so bloody steep) but nothing major and not had any other issues.

8837F37E-BCBD-4A84-A48F-3380FB0420A6.jpeg

Again, fantastic stance on that! 

Would love a splitter to complement the look, but I might be pushing my luck with speedbumps I feel :D 

1 minute ago, J1VWR said:

Again, fantastic stance on that! 

Would love a splitter to complement the look, but I might be pushing my luck with speedbumps I feel :D 

I have some monster speed bumps at work (need an oxygen tank when you reach the top it’s that big). Absolutely zero issue even when lowered and kit on.

Only one petrol station where you exit to rejoin the road that has a drop like a roller coaster I had a small scrape which was underneath and around 1mm so no issue.

7 minutes ago, Muzza said:

Just what worked for me. I may look at Eibach in future but the springs work perfectly for my usage and gives the stance I wanted. I have no issues throwing the car around a corner when the time/place permits. The rear ARB I have to install will remove any rear end instability if going a little to mad.

fair play. I wasnt sure if it was from past experience or general consensus 👍 

9 minutes ago, Muzza said:

I have some monster speed bumps at work (need an oxygen tank when you reach the top it’s that big). Absolutely zero issue even when lowered and kit on.

Only one petrol station where you exit to rejoin the road that has a drop like a roller coaster I had a small scrape which was underneath and around 1mm so no issue.

Oh really? That's really good to know, maybe I will treat myself to one after all then :D 

15 hours ago, Djs2394 said:

Fine if we are posting pics of lowered R's on aftermarket wheels I will have to partake...

19" wheels ET 45 no spacers lowered 15mm on Eibach pro kit.

20210326_182634.jpg

20210326_182621.jpg

Stunning!

Looks like a bigger drop than 15mm to my eyes, must be that nice offset 👌

On 08/04/2021 at 10:49, J1VWR said:

Hi guys,

A few mates have been saying that my Golf R looks lower than stock? What do you think?

From what I can tell the springs are just black, and have no writing on them.

The ride is certainly firm, but I put that down to having the 19's and no DCC. So I'm looking to upgrade to a new set of springs, as I want it a little lower.

What is your height from floor to top of arch? Mine is standard and I'll go out and measure it today. 

M

On 10/04/2021 at 08:37, goodbadboy said:

Just FYI J1VWR...First pic lowered by 15mm on Eibach Springs...2nd pic lowered by 25mm on Leyosport Springs...:)

Thanks! Looks like 25mm is the way to go 😈

On 10/04/2021 at 08:49, collisster said:

What is your height from floor to top of arch? Mine is standard and I'll go out and measure it today. 

M

Thanks! I'll measure and let you know :D