• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Read this topic with interest, so did some Googling and apparently the development team for the Golf Mk8 have been taken into questioning.  I’ve included a picture of them.  

Collected my car from the from dealership.     New battery is fitted.  So it starts!  😁   Software has been updated to 1890 so let’s see how that is over next few days,though I did

In Leeds now and zero issues so far. ACC behaved itself, no kph, no blocking overtaking, no slowing down then speeding back up. I took a route that I could previously guarantee seeing 110 as the speed

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Wrex said:

Well since the 1896 update a few weeks ago car has been behaving… until today. Infotainment rebooted itself while driving, errors about rear assit and side assit. Speed signs jumping around from 19mph to 36mph non stop for the ACC. Rear camera a parking sensor  errors 😤😫

All that started with 1890 for me and exactly the same with 1896, but only in certain areas.  No doubt there will be another update in a few months where you have to book it in and go through the whole process again. VW software developers are clearly having a bit of a nightmare with the Mk 8 😞

3 hours ago, AndyT970 said:

All that started with 1890 for me and exactly the same with 1896, but only in certain areas.  No doubt there will be another update in a few months where you have to book it in and go through the whole process again. VW software developers are clearly having a bit of a nightmare with the Mk 8 😞

But it's this a general problem, happening to the majority of the Mk8 owners?

Since the 1896 update (done 4 weeks ago) I’ve had rear assist/side assist errors crop up far more than before the update (only had those errors on the very odd occasion prior to that and usually because of some actual real reason).  Now I’ve had them several times, most recently over the last couple weeks.  Only ever occur on the first start up of the day, after the car has been sat overnight and turning engine off and restarting gets rid of them.  No reoccurrence on subsequent start ups rest of the day’s driving.  Not had any ACC mph/kph issues or misreading speed signs, and never had a problem with that anyway.   But aside from that, all else is good!  Very good.  

2 hours ago, Booth11 said:

Since the 1896 update (done 4 weeks ago) I’ve had rear assist/side assist errors crop up far more than before the update (only had those errors on the very odd occasion prior to that and usually because of some actual real reason).  Now I’ve had them several times, most recently over the last couple weeks.  Only ever occur on the first start up of the day, after the car has been sat overnight and turning engine off and restarting gets rid of them.  No reoccurrence on subsequent start ups rest of the day’s driving.  Not had any ACC mph/kph issues or misreading speed signs, and never had a problem with that anyway.   But aside from that, all else is good!  Very good.  

Just to be aware… once the error pops up it will cancel your ACC if you have it on.. I got caught out a few times 

3 hours ago, Booth11 said:

I've had various assist errors or dynamic lighting errors pop up on first startup on my Mk6 and 7.5 - on all occasions it was due to the battery being weak, either at a low state of charge or just on it's way out (again).

I have a habit of killing all the batteries in all the car's I have owned......which, thinking about it, doesn't bode well for my future all electric car!!

9 minutes ago, blower said:

I've had various assist errors or dynamic lighting errors pop up on first startup on my Mk6 and 7.5 - on all occasions it was due to the battery being weak, either at a low state of charge or just on it's way out (again).

I have a habit of killing all the batteries in all the car's I have owned......which, thinking about it, doesn't bode well for my future all electric car!!

Yeah that’s has crossed my mind - might well have been in a low state of charge on the occasions I got the errors.  I share your habit of killing batteries.  This current one went in new under warranty in Jan this year after the original one died (as did the one in my mk7).  The dashcam is a factor I think.  BlackVue changed things regarding the hard wiring and battery protection with this particular camera model (compared to the one I had in my mk7R) and so definitely need to sort an external battery pack for it (allegedly such a thing was no longer needed with this model but I think it’s a battery killer).  

Now, are you SURE you want that Tesla with your track record of killing batteries?  😁

21 hours ago, NunoR said:

But it's this a general problem, happening to the majority of the Mk8 owners?

Majority I’m not sure about as some seem to get fewer issues than others, but a few on here are starting to see them. It also depends if you use the features that there are problems with, if you use CarPlay or AA for your Sat Nav then you’re never going to get the crash and reboot, same with the ACC. Mine has had issues from day 1 with the ACC and 12 months down the line, and many dealer visits, I still have the same problems, although not as frequent 

Had the pleasure of this bug again today.

Shortcut buttons around the hazard light switch, become unresponsive. Only way is to completely shut off the car, get out, lock/unlock and start over. 

Early spring here, so turned off climate entirely and went windows down the first few kilometres until I hit the highway. 
Come highway I roll windows up and want to turn climate back on, except I can’t…. Button doesn’t work.

Soo, hazards on, pull over on the shoulder, get out/get in, continue journey.

It’s literally like a piece of software…

My courtesy car is on 16xx something.