36 minutes ago, Aidey said:

I have always had a load of sticky back felt handy here , Black and grey colour, when i found plastic movement creaks i tended to cut a strip open a gap like you did there and stick a little bit in. Did tend to work..

They should supply a roll of sticky back felt with every new VW purchase. 😄

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Read this topic with interest, so did some Googling and apparently the development team for the Golf Mk8 have been taken into questioning.  I’ve included a picture of them.  

Collected my car from the from dealership.     New battery is fitted.  So it starts!  😁   Software has been updated to 1890 so let’s see how that is over next few days,though I did

In Leeds now and zero issues so far. ACC behaved itself, no kph, no blocking overtaking, no slowing down then speeding back up. I took a route that I could previously guarantee seeing 110 as the speed

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Booth11 said:

They should supply a roll of sticky back felt with every new VW purchase. 😄

Cheaper than building them properly I suppose….. 🙄😂

Seriously….it really isn’t good enough.  There aren’t any rattles in our 45 month old, 36k mile car and it’s not had a single issue since day 1.  We wouldn’t have kept it so long if that wasn’t the case….

1 hour ago, Martin2 said:

Seriously….it really isn’t good enough.  There aren’t any rattles in our 45 month old, 36k mile car and it’s not had a single issue since day 1.  We wouldn’t have kept it so long if that wasn’t the case….

Totaly agree.

Its just bad build quality i am afraid.

Take for example the buzzing sound caused by the screw covers that @Aidey found, they fit so losse that its no supprise they can vibrate and cause noise (although you would be amazed just how much noise).

With my second one, my dealers has already had one go at stopping it.

Tbh, the mk8 is full of little creaks, squeaks and rattles i am afraid.

I never had an issue with mk7 that i can remember, but there is no doubt that the car is amazing to drive, so i suppose thats were the money went!

6 hours ago, Martin2 said:

No it’s not good enough given the cost of the car.  The cost-cutting is noticeable in the cabin.   I’ve not had too much to complain about rattle wise in mine but did have a buzzing/rattle/vibration sound that was present early on (seemed to come from passenger front but who knows) but seemed to cease for a while (maybe I just compensated by turning the stereo volume!) and has reasserted  itself over the last few months, mainly present on rough roads.  Most recently (a couple days ago) I’ve followed aidey’s fix removing the two screw covers on the centre console (the ease with which they flicked off was telling) but haven’t used the car since I’ve done that (been using the truck) so remains to be seen if that’s what it is, I’ll find out tomorrow.  

As Jason says above though, they’ve not skimped on the mechanics and dynamics of the car.  So if that’s where the money has gone at the expense of the interior you either take it; or leave it and maybe buy something else.  All in all, I can live with the odd rattle because the car is so good to drive.   

And it’s not a first for rattling in Golfs.  This forum for one has numerous threads on mk7/7.5 rattles so those models were/are not immune.   

And there are owners that are totally tuned into every little noise in their car (probably many of us on here); then others who either aren’t quite so aurally attentive, and/or those that just take it in their stride and just crank the volume up.  😁

But in an ideal world the car shouldn’t need felt tape wedging anywhere.

In an ideal world cars don’t take a year to be made, viruses don’t turn humanity partisan, and actual wars (old-school, with tanks and shit) don’t happen.

But in this real world cars break down, get stolen, get vandalized, banged from store carts and other careless idiots, wheels are curbed (usually by our own hand), and creaking occurs in more and more cars.
Once thought to be a shame for the brand, now positions as sustainable production, for the bleeding hearts out there (a big portion of the clientele of high-end car).

Sorry for the rant … I’m 12+ months waiting for my car, so I feel the need to rant whenever someone opens a door for me :-)

14 minutes ago, AHG said:

In an ideal world cars don’t take a year to be made, viruses don’t turn humanity partisan, and actual wars (old-school, with tanks and shit) don’t happen.

But in this real world cars break down, get stolen, get vandalized, banged from store carts and other careless idiots, wheels are curbed (usually by our own hand), and creaking occurs in more and more cars (once thought to be a shame for the brand, now positions as sustainable production, for Al the bleeding hearts out there (a big portion of the clientele of high-end car).

Sorry for the rant … I’m 12+ months waiting for my car, so I feel the need to rant whenever someone opens a door for me 🙂

The “in an ideal world…” comment was irony : ) 

Rant away!  

4 hours ago, Booth11 said:

And it’s not a first for rattling in Golfs.  This forum for one has numerous threads on mk7/7.5 rattles so those models were/are not immune.   

Indeed. My 2019 Golf 7.5 R had a nasty rattle on the right hand side of the dash that appeared about 3-4 months after I had the car new.

The dealer had it a couple of times to fix it and failed. They said it could be a dashboard out job to fix it.

Then the 2020 covid lockdown kicked in and for months the dealer was only interested in essential servicing, so it never did get fixed. Then sold the car a year ago in preparation for getting the 8R.

1 hour ago, Mange said:

The Heated Seat isue!, do we have the solution for that?. In Sweden they don´t know what to do *:). Must help them when i must fix mine now ;)

Yes there’s a TPI for it.  TPI 2060861/5

A few of us on here have had this fix applied and it works.  See this post and take the info to your dealer. 

https://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/40947-tpis-for-mk8-golf-r-info-only-thread/?do=findComment&comment=614851

So after having the TPIs and software updated to 1896 a couple of weeks ago, most gremlins seem to have gone.

Ones still present which now seem to occur more often are :

- rear assist 

- side assist 

In terms of Weconnect errors, mine often appears to think the rear boot is unlocked when it is not.

2 hours ago, Steelwork said:

We connect keeps telling me my windows are open, they're not, I've checked 

Weird.  Make sure the windows aren’t just slightly dropped which is a feature (convenience windows) you can have setup and can be activated using the key fob. It’s very easy to accidentally activate that feature if you press the key in your pocket etc.  I'm sure you've checked that though. 😄 

WeConnect is by no means foolproof.  I’ve had it show my car as unlocked when I’m stood there looking at it out of the window and it’s clearly locked.  I've unlocked it and locked it and seen it still showing as unlocked. :rolleyes:   I’d never rely on it to secure a car remotely.  It’s yet to tell me the windows are open though.  

1 hour ago, mahalo said:

So after having the TPIs and software updated to 1896 a couple of weeks ago, most gremlins seem to have gone.

Ones still present which now seem to occur more often are :

- rear assist 

- side assist 

In terms of Weconnect errors, mine often appears to think the rear boot is unlocked when it is not.

That's promising.  I found the same after the 1896 update with more front assist/side assist and rear assist errors on first start up of the day, but it's all gone quiet on the Western front (assist error) now so I think it's finished throwing its toys out of the pram now.