My MK7 R clutch was healthy at circa 37K miles when I traded the car for a MK7.5, which is doing fine as it approaches 20K miles.  Both cars are stock, and I've never been hard on clutches.  Apparently they don't survive if you tune for more power.  If mine ever goes, I'll replace it with something stronger. 

Went test drove car all was fine .Then when I got home got phone call from vw we can’t sell you the golf as it been through our 142 point check seems the car has been mapped three times .why could they not just reflash oem map back on it?

50 minutes ago, Carlos76 said:

Went test drove car all was fine .Then when I got home got phone call from vw we can’t sell you the golf as it been through our 142 point check seems the car has been mapped three times .why could they not just replays oem map back on it?

Even if the dealer put the OEM factory map back on the car, the car couldn’t be sold by the dealer as an approved used VW with a warranty. I think VW only sell used cars sold through their dealers that meet the requirements of VW’s Approved Used scheme, and if a car has knowingly been mapped, then it doesn’t meet the VW’s requirements to be an Approved Used vehicle. 

If they did map it back to stock, I dare say that VW’s systems will have been updated to show the car’s history (remapped three times) so In the event of a future engine / transmission issue or failure, any warranty claim would be denied as VW would no doubt attribute engine / transmission issues to the previous remaps. 

12 minutes ago, R_wannabe_owner said:

Even if the dealer put the OEM factory map back on the car, the car couldn’t be sold by the dealer as an approved used VW with a warranty. I think VW only sell used cars sold through their dealers that meet the requirements of VW’s Approved Used scheme, and if a car has knowingly been mapped, then it doesn’t meet the VW’s requirements to be an Approved Used vehicle. 

If they did map it back to stock, I dare say that VW’s systems will have been updated to show the car’s history (remapped three times) so In the event of a future engine / transmission issue or failure, any warranty claim would be denied as VW would no doubt attribute engine / transmission issues to the previous remaps. 

Thanks mate car was stunning as well no scratches chips etc

Just now, R_wannabe_owner said:

It can be really frustrating when these things happen. I’m sure the right car for you is out there though if you keep looking. 

Good luck with your search 🤞 

Thanks mate😎

I think it's just the luck of the draw. I've 74k on mine now and still on stock clutch. I'm not gonna change it unless I have to, I bought the car expecting to have to in a couple of months, coming up on two years ownership now and it's still perfect.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

That’s good going mileage wise!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
10 hours ago, R_wannabe_owner said:

It's out of warranty anyway, so I'm not sure why this is even an issue? If you want the car, take it as a trade sale, but check the 142 point inspection report over first. If that's the only issue then you can always take out an aftermarket warranty.

On 20/04/2021 at 08:42, golf7.5r said:

It's out of warranty anyway, so I'm not sure why this is even an issue? If you want the car, take it as a trade sale, but check the 142 point inspection report over first. If that's the only issue then you can always take out an aftermarket warranty.

VW give you 12 months warranty as part of their approved VW used car scheme.

9 minutes ago, Clarkie48 said:

VW give you 12 months warranty as part of their approved VW used car scheme.

Currently, you get two years warranty on used cars sold under VW’s Approved Used scheme; 

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/used-cars/approved-used-benefits?gclsrc=aw.ds&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2vfWw8yP8AIVRuztCh0RXgx4EAAYASAAEgJFpfD_BwE