MK7.5 full LED tail lights coding back to stock

Hello guys 

i have a 2017 golf r with the dynamic tail lights as standard, i was messing around on the obd 11 and turned on DAP and then turned it back off, now i have noticed that the outer tail lights are working as they should however the inner tail lights the indicator strip is constantly on, when indicating the outer ones sweep but not the inner ones they are just turned on, i did not create a back up, does anyone know how to get it back to stock.

thanks

Is your car a North American Mk7.5 and have you installed the Mk7.5 Euro Fluid Dynamic Tail Lights and harness? If not then you clearly didn't read the warnings given with this App. Without a backup you have a big problem in trying to restore your original setup.

Using these damned Apps is a great way to dig a big hole for yourself. Using the Pro version of OBDeleven with Adaptions and Long Coding gives you a huge safety margin. As with VCDS, it's possible to inspect the changes and revert them to your original backup state. AFAIK Apps don't even make appropriate entries in the History log. You are relying on somebody else to fully understand your particular car and produce a totally reliable App, plus a foolproof way to undo the coding.

There is an Australian gentleman, possibly not present on this forum but easily spotted as "DV52" on other VW forums, who has terrific insight into the coding of lights, and who may be able to assist.

7.5R: Hi.

First my thanks to @Chris7.5R for his kind words - whilst he has grossly overstated my expertise, I agree 101% with his views about NOT (meaning - never) use OBD11 Apps; they are fraught with problems then stuff goes pear-shape  - they leave little, if any records of the changes that were made and they rob the user of valuable opportunities to learn how the vehicle is programmed!!  Their ONLY advantage is that they are easy to implement - but the cost of this advantage can be very high indeed!!!

But, enough of the sermonizing - let's focus on the problem!! Truth is that the OBD11 App could have made any number of changes that would result in the behavior that you have described.

I understand from your posts that the outer turn-signal lamps operate correctly and that the problem is with the inner turn-signal lamps (both sides).  If my understanding is correct, then perhaps a way-forward is to compare the programming instructions on your car for operating the inner/outer turn-signal lamps, maybe?

My apology, but I have to start talking technical stuff to explain what I need to make this comparison. On a Golf  mk7.5, each of the 35 x exterior lamps is managed by what I call a "Leuchte-set" - which is a group of 19 x values (these are called "adaptation channels") that are associated by a name that commences with the word Leuchte (which is German for "lamp").  Here's a couple of pertinent examples:

• Leuchte18BLK HLA60 = Leuchte-set for the outer turn-signal lamp  on the left-side of the car
  • Leuchte23SL HLC10 =Leuchte-set for the inner turn-signal lamp on the left-side of car

To make the comparison, I need to see the FULL set of values for the 2 x Leuchte-sets above. I don't need to see both right-side and left-side Leuchte-sets;  I can deduce the other side by viewing just one-side. So do this, please:

1. Go to the central electrics module (it has "09" in a colored-circle -see below)
  2. HWnw17n.png?2
  3. Select Adaptation
  4. In the search box, enter "Leuchte"
  5. navigate down the list to Leuchte18BLK HLA60 and select
  6. Take screenshot(s) containing  ALL 19 x values
  7. Repeat for Leuchte23SL HLC10
  8. Paste copies of screenshots in a new post here

Don

PS:.....and, please make Back-up files for each of the modules in your car - they will be invaluable when (not "if") the damp loose stools collide with the fan blades!!!:hello:

9 hours ago, dv52 said:

7.5R: Hi.

First my thanks to @Chris7.5R for his kind words - whilst he has grossly overstated my expertise, I agree 101% with his views about NOT (meaning - never) use OBD11 Apps; they are fraught with problems then stuff goes pear-shape  - they leave little, if any records of the changes that were made and they rob the user of valuable opportunities to learn how the vehicle is programmed!!  Their ONLY advantage is that they are easy to implement - but the cost of this advantage can be very high indeed!!!

PS:.....and, please make Back-up files for each of the modules in your car - they will be invaluable when (not "if") the damp loose stools collide with the fan blades!!!:hello:

Thanks Don, reliable as ever!

@7.5R: Arrhhhhhh.................... there's your problem!!!

Do this:

1. Go to the central electrics module
  2. Select Adaptation
  3. Enter "HLC10"  into the search box and select  Leuchte23SL HLC10
  4. Navigate to Lichtfunktion A 23 and change setting to Blinken links Hellphase
  5. Activate the SLIDE TO WRITE function to implement change
  6. When asked for a security code, enter 31347
  7. Go back to step 3 screen above,
  8. Enter "HRA65" into search box and select  Leuchte24SL HRA65
  9. Navigate to Lichtfunktion A 24 and change setting to Blinken rechts Hellphase
  10. Activate the SLIDE TO WRITE function to implement change
  11. (note the difference "links" and "rechts" above)

Don

12 hours ago, dv52 said:

@7.5R: Arrhhhhhh.................... there's your problem!!!

Do this:

1. Go to the central electrics module
  2. Select Adaptation
  3. Enter "HLC10"  into the search box and select  Leuchte23SL HLC10
  4. Navigate to Lichtfunktion A 23 and change setting to Blinken links Hellphase
  5. Activate the SLIDE TO WRITE function to implement change
  6. When asked for a security code, enter 31347
  7. Go back to step 3 screen above,
  8. Enter "HRA65" into search box and select  Leuchte24SL HRA65
  9. Navigate to Lichtfunktion A 24 and change setting to Blinken rechts Hellphase
  10. Activate the SLIDE TO WRITE function to implement change
  11. (note the difference "links" and "rechts" above)

Don

Don, not sure this is correct for the OP's car. If his 2017 7.5 is the same as my 2019 7.5 (full LED and dynamic rear indicators) then his setup should probably look like mine. Here is my complete rear setup ex-factory (sorry about the size, I couldn't work out how to make it more compact):

16BLK SLB35BLK SL KC9 Indicator rear inside left

A 16

Blinken links Hellphase

B 16

nicht aktiv

AB 16

127 / always

C 16 / D 16 / E 16 / F 16 / G 16 / H 16

nicht aktiv

CD 16 / EF 16 / GH 16

0 / maximise

17TFL R BLK SRB3TFL R BLK SR KC3 Indicator rear inside right

A 17

Blinken rechts Hellphase

B 17

nicht aktiv

AB 17

127 / always

C 17 / D 17 / E 17 / F 17 / G 17 / H 17

nicht aktiv

CD 17 / EF 17 / GH 17

0 / maximise

18BLK HLA60 Indicator rear outside left

A 18

Blinken links Hellphase

B 18

nicht aktiv

AB 18

127 / always

C 18 / D 18 / E 18 / F 18 / G 18 / H 18

nicht aktiv

CD 18 / EF 18 / GH 18

0 / maximise

19BLK HRC31 Indicator rear outside right

A 19

Blinken rechts Hellphase

B 19

nicht aktiv

AB 19

127 / always

C 19 / D 19 / E 19 / F 19 / G 19 / H 19

nicht aktiv

CD 19 / EF 19 / GH 19

0 / maximise

20BR LA71 Brake light left

A 20

Bremslicht

B 20

nicht aktiv

AB 20

127 / always

C 20 / D 20 / E 20 / F 20 / G 20 / H 20

nicht aktiv

CD 20 / EF 20 / GH 20

0 / maximise

21BR RC8 Brake light right

A 21

Bremslicht

B 21

nicht aktiv

AB 21

127 / always

C 21 / D 21 / E 21 / F 21 / G 21 / H 21

nicht aktiv

CD 21 / EF 21 / GH 21

0 / maximise

22BR MA57 Third (centre) brake light

A 22

Bremslicht

B 22

nicht aktiv

AB 22

100  / always

C 22 / D 22 / E 22 / F 22 / G 22 / H 22

nicht aktiv

CD 22 / EF 22 / GH 22

0 / maximise

23SL HLC10 Parking light rear inside left

A 23

Standlich allgemein (Schlusslicht, Positionslicht, Begrenzungslicht)

B 23

Parklicht links (beidseitiges Parklicht aktiviert li & re)

AB 23

127 / always

C 23 / D 23 / E 23 / F 23 / G 23 / H 23

nicht aktiv

CD 23 / EF 23 / GH 23

0 / maximise

24SL HRA65 Parking light rear inside right

A 24

B24

Parklicht rechts

AB 24

127 / always

C 24 / D 24 / E 24 / F 24 / G 24 / H 24

nicht aktiv

CD 24 / EF 24 / GH 24

0 / maximise

25KZL HA59 Number plate light

A 25

B 25

nicht aktiv

AB 25

127 / always

C 25 / D 25 / E 25 / F 25 / G 25 / H 25

nicht aktiv

CD 25 / EF 25 / GH 25

0 / maximise

26NSL LA72 Fog light rear right inside, with no trailer, LH traffic

A 26

Nebelschlusslicht wenn kein Anhaenger gesteckt und Linksverkehr

B 26

nicht aktiv

AB 26

127 / only_if_closed

C 26 / D 26 / E 26 / F 26 / G 26 / H 26

nicht aktiv

CD 26 / EF 26 / GH 26

0 / maximise

27NSL RC6 Active flashing function has an assigned bit set to 1 in pa_dynamic_blinking

A 27

Aktive Blinkfunktion hat ein auf 1 gesetztes zugeordnetes Bit in pa_dynamisch_blinken

B26

nicht aktiv

AB 27

127 / always

C 27 / D 27 / E 27 / F 27 / G 27 / H 27

nicht aktiv

CD 27 / EF 27 / GH 27

0 / maximise

28RFL LC11 Reversing light left

A 28

Rueckfahrlicht

B 28

nicht aktiv

AB 28

127 / only_if_closed

C 28 / D 28 / E 28 / F 28 / G 28 / H 28

nicht aktiv

CD 28 / EF 28 / GH 28

0 / maximise

29RFL RA64 Reversing light right / Fog light with no trailer, LH traffic

A 29

Rueckfahrlicht

B 29

nicht aktiv

AB 29

127 / only_if_closed

C 29

Nebelschlusslicht wenn kein Anhaenger gesteckt und Linksverkehr

D 29

nicht aktiv

CD 29

0 / minimise

E 29 / F 29 / G 29 / H 29

nicht aktiv

EF 29 / GH 29

0 / maximise

@Chris7.5R: hmm.......... yes, I have cars in my database dedicated to the inside turn-signal lamps with both my assumed Leuchte-sets and those on your list. 

I can't say with certainty which are correct because the arrangement is highly variable in the country of sale and for the build year.

But it isn't a big issue because all that will happen is that the wrong tail light lamp will blink and the setting will need to be reverted back to original - not difficult.

I'm always willing to rely on local knowledge if at all possible  -so if your car is UK sold, then I suggest that OP follow  your list for 16BLK SLB35BLK SL KC9 and 17TFL R BLK SRB3TFL R BLK SR KC3 as a first try.

If the tweak lights-up incorrect lamps, revert the settings and try my Leuchte-sets

Don

7 hours ago, dv52 said:

@Chris7.5R: hmm.......... yes, I have cars in my database dedicated to the inside turn-signal lamps with both my assumed Leuchte-sets and those on your list. 

I can't say with certainty which are correct because the arrangement is highly variable in the country of sale and for the build year.

But it isn't a big issue because all that will happen is that the wrong tail light lamp will blink and the setting will need to be reverted back to original - not difficult.

I'm always willing to rely on local knowledge if at all possible  -so if your car is UK sold, then I suggest that OP follow  your list for 16BLK SLB35BLK SL KC9 and 17TFL R BLK SRB3TFL R BLK SR KC3 as a first try.

If the tweak lights-up incorrect lamps, revert the settings and try my Leuchte-sets

Don

At least he already has the Pro version to try to sort it out. I'd suggest checking for any differences between the current settings and my set, make a careful note, and revert everything to 'factory'. Once it's working any other changes can be carefully reapplied and tested. NO F###### APPS!