Having explored the we connect app some more thanks to @Booth11 I have establish my car needs an oil service at 12 months and the inspection at 24 months. The inspection includes an oil service.

I have just bought the service plan at £16.09 for 24 months total £386.16. This includes one oil service and one oil service and inspection.

Being tight I wanted to make sure this is good value. From what I can establish an oil service is £184 and the inspection is £354, total £538. This is the price quotes on VW on vehicles up to 2.0.

This seems like extremely good value, saving £152..... or have I got this wrong? 

If I am right this is a complete no brainer for anyone keeping a car for two years or more.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If it comes on Bridgestones you’ll wear out before they do.  😂

Yeah Bridgestones will last longer than the bloody Dinosaurs 🦕 

Brilliant. Thanks    Edit :just seen your reply 

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, Darlo said:

Having explored the we connect app some more thanks to @Booth11 I have establish my car needs an oil service at 12 months and the inspection at 24 months. The inspection includes an oil service.

I have just bought the service plan at £16.09 for 24 months total £386.16. This includes one oil service and one oil service and inspection.

Being tight I wanted to make sure this is good value. From what I can establish an oil service is £184 and the inspection is £354, total £538. This is the price quotes on VW on vehicles up to 2.0.

This seems like extremely good value, saving £152..... or have I got this wrong? 

If I am right this is a complete no brainer for anyone keeping a car for two years or more.

Is this on a new car? If so it seems a bit steep. When I bought my 7.5R in Oct 2019, the dealer offered me a 2-year service plan (one oil service and one inspection) for £199 paid at the time of purchase. After the inspection this Oct I'll be looking for another inclusive deal as I intend to keep the car indefinitely.

Just now, Chris7.5R said:

Is this on a new car? If so it seems a bit steep. When I bought my 7.5R in Oct 2019, the dealer offered me a 2-year service plan (one oil service and one inspection) for £199 paid at the time of purchase.

yeah I got that when I pcp’d my GTI years ago. Only available if you did pcp, you couldn’t just buy it outright for £199 although I could be wrong. 

I did get a service plan on another golf and I think it was about the same as what I am paying now but only over 18 months. 

22 minutes ago, Darlo said:

Right you are.  Currently you have to search a little for this.   For years a Service Plan (first 3 Services.....latterly reduced to 2) and an Extended Warranty (2 years in addition to the New Car 3) - could be bought at point of Order via Tick box options. 

Extended Warranties continue, albeit slightly different....and Service Plans are available too.  I recently took a Service Plan out via Pulman VW Durham after my Second service from a bought Service Plan. I have made provision for the requirements for my R over the next 3 years.  I get today’s prices, but spread the cost over the next 36 months by monthly payments. 
Happy days.

3 minutes ago, NRW said:

Right you are.  Currently you have to search a little for this.   For years a Service Plan (first 3 Services.....latterly reduced to 2) and an Extended Warranty (2 years in addition to the New Car 3) - could be bought at point of Order via Tick box options. 

Extended Warranties continue, albeit slightly different....and Service Plans are available too.  I recently took a Service Plan out via Pulman VW Durham after my Second service from a bought Service Plan. I have made provision for the requirements for my R over the next 3 years.  I get today’s prices, but spread the cost over the next 36 months by monthly payments. 
Happy days.

Thanks for that.

I will need to extend my warranty for one year as it’s a 4 year lease. You have promoted me to check but it won’t quote me yet. Not rush with this yet though 

1 minute ago, Scudgie said:

I think £16pm is fairly good value... I was paying similar for my old car.

It's the other service costs that are a killer

much better value the her A35.... £30 a month we are paying direct to merc for basically the same package 🤬

much better value the her A35.... £30 a month we are paying direct to merc for basically the same package

I would happily pay the £30 a month, our A35 has already had it’s one year service last year at £301 and it’s due another in a couple of months at £463…

Il be definitely opting for the VW service pack when the car lands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would seem that a service is required every year / or c10,000 miles.

I haven't owned a car with such a high service frequency since my Type R 15 years ago. Is this similar to the 7r?

‐---‐--------------------

Most Volkswagens require a fixed service. For the first three years of ownership, your car will require an annual service inspection and oil service.

•  
    1st service (oil service) – at 9,300 miles or when your car is 12 months old.
  •  
    2nd service – at 18,600 miles or when your car is 24 months old.
  •  
    3rd service – at 27,900 miles or when your car is 36 months old.

For Volkswagens older than three years, we recommend either a Minor or Major Service.

•  
    Minor Service  – recommended every 12 months or 10,000 miles
  •  
    Major Service – recommended every 2 years or 20,000 miles
1 hour ago, Darlo said:

1 hour ago, Chris7.5R said:

Is this on a new car? If so it seems a bit steep. When I bought my 7.5R in Oct 2019, the dealer offered me a 2-year service plan (one oil service and one inspection) for £199 paid at the time of purchase. After the inspection this Oct I'll be looking for another inclusive deal as I intend to keep the car indefinitely.

That does seem expensive but perhaps because you've taken it out after buying your car, and/or it's on a lease???

I bought the 2 year Service Plan (paid in full) on mine at the time of purchasing the car and it cost me £269 incl VAT.  Car was bought outright not leased.   I also bought a 3 year Service Plan on my mk7 outright £300 odd iirc. 

8B398135-E324-4C0E-9D37-F1BC70E80D88.thumb.jpeg.08f589bd8d40f18e1e72b012ce321edc.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Booth11 said:

I bought the 2 year Service Plan (paid in full) on mine at the time of purchasing the car and it cost me £269 incl VAT 

I asked James about this £269 offer for the first two services and he advised that the cars were setup for long life servicing from the factory i.e. once every 2 years or 20,000 miles. I took that to mean the pack would run out when my car was 4 years old as I won't do that annual mileage. As your car has come from him as well is your first service and oil service showing up at the same interval or is it different like the OP's? Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Quinnii said:

I would happily pay the £30 a month, our A35 has already had it’s one year service last year at £301 and it’s due another in a couple of months at £463…

Il be definitely opting for the VW service pack when the car lands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes that because despite it being a poor mans ‘amg’ it still falls in to amg servicing costs. Despite it being the same engine as the A250 not the A45 🤬

9 minutes ago, Booth11 said:

That does seem expensive but perhaps because you've taken it out after buying your car, and/or it's on a lease???

I bought the 2 year Service Plan (paid in full) on mine at the time of purchasing the car and it cost me £269 incl VAT.  Car was bought outright not leased.   I also bought a 3 year Service Plan on my mk7 outright £300 odd iirc. 

8B398135-E324-4C0E-9D37-F1BC70E80D88.thumb.jpeg.08f589bd8d40f18e1e72b012ce321edc.jpeg

Yeah I can only assume that it’s an incentive for people who are buying an R rather than leasing 😣

it’s cheaper than adding maintenance (service only) on to the lease deal though.