Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If it comes on Bridgestones you’ll wear out before they do.  😂

Yeah Bridgestones will last longer than the bloody Dinosaurs 🦕 

Brilliant. Thanks    Edit :just seen your reply 

Posted Images

Just be careful and make sure you do get the Inspection service at year 2. 

 

I took the 2 year deal at £199 with my 7.5 through James at Medway, unfortunately I live 250 miles away from this dealership so took it to Shrewsbury VW instead. They said and only did 2 x oil change services, oh and only reported one of these services on the online service book too as I found out when Midland VW (Inde specialist near me) told me when they did the services after the two year point. 

 

I did argue the toss with VW about it needing a big service at 20k and they refused to budge in saying its only due 2 years after the 2nd year (ie year 4 or 40000 miles) 

 

I will not be taking the service offer for my mk 8 and neither will i be taking it VW for its servicing anyway. The only guys touching my car will be the gang at Midland VW. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had a quote to add service and tyres to my lease.

 

Servicing

• Maintenance

• Tyre replacements due to wear

• Tyre replacement due to punctures

• MOT

• Warranty assistance

• Breakdown recovery including home start for the duration of the contract UK only

• Courtesy vehicle (subject to availability)

• Collection and delivery (subject to availability)

• 24 hour technical support / 24 hour driver care

 

 

it’s £34.12 a month

 

im on a 36 month lease with 10k a year

 

Not  sure if it’s worth it ??

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Wrex said:

Just had a quote to add service and tyres to my lease.

 

Servicing

• Maintenance

• Tyre replacements due to wear

• Tyre replacement due to punctures

• MOT

• Warranty assistance

• Breakdown recovery including home start for the duration of the contract UK only

• Courtesy vehicle (subject to availability)

• Collection and delivery (subject to availability)

• 24 hour technical support / 24 hour driver care

 

 

it’s £34.12 a month

 

im on a 36 month lease with 10k a year

 

Not  sure if it’s worth it ??

 

 

 

I think it depends on how you will use the car. £1,224 total cost compared to £269 upfront 2 year service plan (assuming you hand it back at 36 months when 3rd service is due) and free breakdown for 12 months.

 

Is there any smallprint on tyres..... usage and the brand? 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Scudgie said:

 

I think it depends on how you will use the car. £1,224 total cost compared to £269 upfront 2 year service plan (assuming you hand it back at 36 months when 3rd service is due) and free breakdown for 12 months.

 

Is there any smallprint on tyres..... usage and the brand? 

 

 

Premium tyres. 
but.. “Tyres are provided by National Tyres and Kwik Fit Centres nationwide. The tyre policy does not cover accidental damage (inc sidewall damage) or vandalism to tyres.”

 

is the £269 for the pcp deals only?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wrex said:

Premium tyres. 
but.. “Tyres are provided by National Tyres and Kwik Fit Centres nationwide. The tyre policy does not cover accidental damage (inc sidewall damage) or vandalism to tyres.”

 

is the £269 for the pcp deals only?

 

No, it's available if you are buying outright too.  No idea about leases. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Wrex said:

 

is the £269 for the pcp deals only?

 

19 hours ago, R_wannabe_owner said:

£269 (previously it was £199) is the current price for the two year service plan if it’s purchased at point of sale. It’s not necessary to take VW’s PCP finance to get it at that price, although it is necessary to buy the plan at point of sale when placing the order for the car. If the service plan is purchased after taking delivery of the car but before the first service is carried out, then the cost is £386.16.

 


You might also be able to get the service plan at £269 by adding it to an existing vehicle order that’s ‘in the system’ - i.e. ordered but not yet registered and collected by the customer. You’d need to check with the dealer to see if this is possible.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Current Donation Goals

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...