Advice on multiple too rich fault codes

4 hours ago, EcosseGolfR said:

Speak to Mike over at https://www.facebook.com/pg/RPSWorcester/reviews/?ref=page_internal

I've used him a few times and saved quite a bit over VW prices.

Mention VWRoc forum.

Nice one mate

1 hour ago, S3 golf r said:

The injectors are expensive I had changed the 4 injectors previous and still had the fault then I sent all 8 injectors to R Tech performance they tested all injectors and all came back equal and passed the test. 

Let me know how you get on I have been to town and back with this fueling issue a lot of £££ spent. I have had different mechanics on it to still no joy. 

They are mate. But hopeful it solves our issue. Do you know what revision you changed yours to. Been told AB, AE and AJ are the better ones to use. Think I have revision L. 

Have you had a look at your sparks ? Do they look like mine ?  

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If the rough idling appears again it might be worth checking for any error codes - just to eliminate coil packs from the diagnostic process (they are likely cheaper than replacement/refurbished)inject

If ordering from Autodoc then I'd recommend downloading their mobile App as you get additional discount over their website.       

Yeah I noticed that, I just ordered nuts n bolts for the front strut towers in prep for my Bilstein mod.   Decent prices.

Posted Images

On 04/05/2021 at 20:11, DaveGR said:

Nice one mate

They are mate. But hopeful it solves our issue. Do you know what revision you changed yours to. Been told AB, AE and AJ are the better ones to use. Think I have revision L. 

Have you had a look at your sparks ? Do they look like mine ?  

Did you manage to get any injectors cheaper then TPS

On 03/05/2021 at 14:52, DaveGR said:

My next step would be replacing injectors, but from reading your post looks like that may not even be the case. 
Can someone confirm if 06L906036AE is the latest revision injectors. Coming in at £360 I might just do this. 

The ones you saw on ebay ending in AE are the revision before 06L906036AJ, see description at the bottom.

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/bosch/15242170

On 03/05/2021 at 14:52, DaveGR said:

and 06L906031A is the latest revision for the low pressure/port injectors ? 

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/bosch/7990375

Unsure if the VAG injectors are Bosch but the part numbers match and considerably cheaper than from TPS. It may be an idea to purchase one of each and have them flow tested?

image.png

16 minutes ago, EcosseGolfR said:

The ones you saw on ebay ending in AE are the revision before 06L906036AJ, see description at the bottom.

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/bosch/15242170

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/bosch/7990375

Unsure if the VAG injectors are Bosch but the part numbers match and considerably cheaper than from TPS. It may be an idea to purchase one of each and have them flow tested?

image.png

If ordering from Autodoc then I'd recommend downloading their mobile App as you get additional discount over their website.   

17 minutes ago, Penguin said:

Yeah I noticed that, I just ordered nuts n bolts for the front strut towers in prep for my Bilstein mod.

Decent prices.

I ended up getting the genuine AB revision from eBay. £360 all for all 4. Just waiting for them to turn up. 

@Penguin I thought about the Bosch ones but decided to go with the OEM options. I did get a cheaper price on the AJ ones from the same seller and they were £460. He did mention there’s not a noticeable difference between AB, AE and AJ and advised on just getting the AB ones. ABs were made in 2018 so it’s what’s in the 7.5s so fine with that. 
AE’s are 2019 so assuming AJ is 2020. 

Going to fit them in myself, hopeful that should sort the issue. If not I’ll change the mpi injectors too. 4x 06L906031A at £110. Think they’re easier to get to and don’t need the intake manifold removing. 

Might change the PCV too just for piece of mind but will wait to see if it was the injectors that were at fault. 

Also curious to see how the intake valves look

at 90k. The mpi injectors are suppose to help with carbon build up so hoping they’re not as bad as the older tfsi’s.