Jump to content

What tyres did it come with?


8R Tyres   

39 members have voted

  1. 1. Which factory tyres did your 8R come with?

    • 18s - Bridgestone S005
      8
    • 18s - Hankook Ventus S1 Evo3
      0
    • 18s - Goodyear Eagle F1 Supersport
      7
    • 19s non PP - Bridgestone S005
      7
    • 19s non PP - Hankook Ventus S1 Evo3
      2
    • 19s non PP - Goodyear Eagle F1 Supersport
      1
    • 19s PP - Bridgestone S005
      6
    • 19s PP - Hankook Ventus S1 Evo3
      4
    • 19s PP - Goodyear Eagle F1 Supersport
      4
    • 18s - other
      0
    • 19s non PP - other
      0
    • 19s PP - other
      0


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, JaseW said:

Not collected the car yet but James at Medway has told me I have the Bridgestones. 

To be honest it doesn't really bother me what tyres are on it. 

 

 

Both myself and @Darlo have the Bridgestones and feel they are perfectly good,last week we both posted that they have been decent so far.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very good tyre test here of 14 tyres. Mentioned it here as he is testing on a Golf GTI 🙂   Interesting to see he is testing 2 of the tyres fitted to the R. Seems the Bridgestone S005 doesnt

I’ve taken the liberty of adding a poll.     @speedjunkie I hope you don’t mind me adding to your thread. 😊   Can anyone that’s already posted theirs please add to the poll if you get ch

Mine came with Goodyear Eagle F1 Supersport. Was expecting bridgestones!

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Aid7072 said:

 

Both myself and @Darlo have the Bridgestones and feel they are perfectly good,last week we both posted that they have been decent so far.

They are fine, sorry to suggest otherwis I’m just a bit crazy!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Aid7072 said:

 

Both myself and @Darlo have the Bridgestones and feel they are perfectly good,last week we both posted that they have been decent so far.

 

2 minutes ago, Chet said:

They are fine, sorry to suggest otherwis I’m just a bit crazy!

They will certainly be fine enough for me to wear them out before changing them that is for sure. I do not intend on taking it on track or thrashing it to when an inch of its life. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JaseW said:

 

They will certainly be fine enough for me to wear them out before changing them that is for sure. I do not intend on taking it on track or thrashing it to when an inch of its life. 

That is an option lol!, they are fine, and the difference only obvious to me, enjoy

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chet said:

That is an option lol!, they are fine, and the difference only obvious to me, enjoy

I did notice a difference when I wore my bridgestones out on the 7.5 R and replaced with PS4's but I am not that fussed about doing this out the box. I will change to PS4's or similar when the time comes 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, JaseW said:

I did notice a difference when I wore my bridgestones out on the 7.5 R and replaced with PS4's but I am not that fussed about doing this out the box. I will change to PS4's or similar when the time comes 🙂

 

My thoughts exactly,in my opinion the Bridgestones are worth keeping and replacing once required with whatever I choose at the time.I have thrown the car about a bit on the country roads and I wouldn't say the tyres performed poorly in any way,personally I dont get what the negative comments are about.

From my experience over the past month if I was getting another car today with these Bridgestones on I wouldn't be disappointed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JaseW said:

I did notice a difference when I wore my bridgestones out on the 7.5 R and replaced with PS4's but I am not that fussed about doing this out the box. I will change to PS4's or similar when the time comes 🙂

 

But I bet the Bridgestones on your 7.5 were an older model of tyre like S001's? New ones are supposed to be a lot better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Wrex said:

38 all round ?


Yes all round.  It’s usually just me (and sometimes daughter) in my car so not too heavy a load. 😄  Even at the sticker recommended pressures it’s same all round for a normal load.  Only a couple psi more on the rear if a fully loaded car (people and luggage). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Booth11 said:


Yes all round.  It’s usually just me (and sometimes daughter) in my car so not too heavy a load. 😄  Even at the sticker recommended pressures it’s same all round for a normal load.  Only a couple psi more on the rear if a fully loaded car (people and luggage). 

Need to check mine. Meant to do it this evening. 😬 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Current Donation Goals

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...