• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Echo that!   Come on guys use the website proper and support the very existence of VWROC.  

Really appreciate your efforts on this. If things don’t work out with Tapatalk then me and others will just need to get in the habit of using the website. Probably more that nobody likes cha

Just had a reply from Tapatalk advising that the 'stable' build of their plugin doesn't work with their new client and that I should upgrade to the latest build which is still in Beta. Gotta love thei

Posted Images

Nope, still crashing the cache and the theme. I now know what needs to be done. Tapatalk have pretty much made a right old mess of this.

They claim that their stable plugin works from v4.2 of IPS. But the Beta version only works from v4.6. VWROC is on v4.5. Tapatalk essentially pushed out a mandatory, function breaking update without providing backwards compatibility and left it in Beta. The function that is breaking all of this and preventing access is the horrible banner they plaster over the site when using mobile browsers. 

So, I'll now need to upgrade VWROC - which I wanted to do anyway. But it's a massive feature update (not security) which means a brand new theme (how the forum looks and feels). This will take hours and will mean the forum is down for at least a day. I'll do it as quickly as possible and then work on dialling in the theme once we're live.

The earliest I can do this is Sunday - so I'll pencil it in for then. I'll probably confirm n Saturday night once I know what my plans are.

3 minutes ago, marshy said:

Sounds an absolute ballache!

Aye, it is. But it will be worth it. Might just look a bit different, that's all. It'll be an evaluation, rather than total overhaul. I think I'm going to implement a light & dark theme too, for those who like a bit of contrast. Each version of the theme will be selectable. 

On 05/05/2021 at 20:26, invisiblekid said:

Aye, it is. But it will be worth it. Might just look a bit different, that's all. It'll be an evaluation, rather than total overhaul. I think I'm going to implement a light & dark theme too, for those who like a bit of contrast. Each version of the theme will be selectable. 

I assume with the forum being down you’ve been trying to solve the tapatalk issue also?

Like the new look👍🏻 
Still not working on Tapatalk.

1 minute ago, marshy said:

I assume with the forum being down you’ve been trying to solve the tapatalk issue also?

Like the new look👍🏻 
Still not working on Tapatalk.

marshy have a look in the upgrade thread.  Tapatalk still an issue but Gaz is working on it again tonight. 

https://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/39283-major-forum-upgrade-sunday-9-may/?do=findComment&comment=586443

6 minutes ago, marshy said:

To be honest I find the new look much more user friendly and if that’s the way the forum needs to be viewed that’s fine.

Thanks to all mods and Gaz for your efforts and taking the time to resolve this.

That’s great to hear you’re finding the new format more user friendly marshy.  👍

@invisiblekid

3 hours ago, marshy said:

To be honest I find the new look much more user friendly and if that’s the way the forum needs to be viewed that’s fine.

Thanks to all mods and Gaz for your efforts and taking the time to resolve this.

That's great news! Glad you're enjoying the upgrades. 

For everyone else waiting for a Tapatalk update: I'll be coming back to Tapatalk later this week. Due to work/life commitments, I'm not sure I'm going to get any time before Thursday.