Anyone booked in with rtech?

Just got off the phone to r tech and they’re saying earliest date is September to book in a remap session. I know I’m already stage 2 apr but I’d rather go with r tech. 
my question is anyone booked in with r tech and not 100% I’m ready to buy your spot. Let me know. 

27 minutes ago, Leespo said:

hoping@Penguin doesn't see this as it may spark a lot of anger

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Of course I'll see it...you tagged me 😂

Ah...I kept at them for the last 4 weeks and dropped my car with them last night.  I'm hoping to collect on Friday/Saturday.  Plenty of time to sort things out (hopefully) 

Of course I'll see it...you tagged me 

Ah...I kept at them for the last 4 weeks and dropped my car with them last night.  I'm hoping to collect on Friday/Saturday.  Plenty of time to sort things out (hopefully) 

yeah sorry about that

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, Penguin said:

Genuine question, what's the reasoning behind wanting to make the switch? 

I don’t like the way it delivers the power, nothing, nothing then all in whereas rtech do a linear map which I prefer. 
you had a rtech map on for 4 weeks why did you take it off? 

58 minutes ago, DRK said:

I don’t like the way it delivers the power, nothing, nothing then all in whereas rtech do a linear map which I prefer. 
you had a rtech map on for 4 weeks why did you take it off? 

I haven't taken it off.

The car was returned to me with multiple stored fault codes (some of which keep returning), the turbo actuator was out of tolerance and the ACC wasn't working.  It's back there to get these issues sorted.  

Don’t think he’s had it taken off.

More trying to get the car to run properly without any errors on the software they installed.

Having had Apr stage 2 on my previous R I certainly didn’t feel it was all or nothing, I’d go as far to say that Apr is about the best software you’ll get for this platform.

Are you sure you don’t have a car issue causing your issue?

1 hour ago, Dan1982 said:

You must be absolutely mental to over right apr’s map with an r tech one. 

I've never sampled an APR map but based on what I've heard and read I would be inclined to agree with you. 

I switched from a Revo stage 1 and only because I went for a Littco L380X supercore.  I may change my mind in future but at this moment in time, I wish I had just spent the cash on a (better balanced) direct IS38 replacement that would work with Revo stage 1/2. 

If the car is returned fault free and with a clean bill of health then my mind will be settled a bit more and I'll be able to enjoy and appreciate the R-Tech map but in the 4-5 weeks since having the car mapped and finding the issues it's just made me regret my choice but seeing as it has cost quite a bit of cash, been a ball ache and took up loads of time I honestly hope I am wrong and all will come good in the end. 

Yeah when the gearbox is in s mode it’s all good but in d it’s a nothing at all or all in for me I don’t know if it’s my car or not. I didn’t get the stage 2 apr my self had to call awesome gti and provide my vin to have them tell me it’s got a apr stage 2 tune done in September 2019.

like don’t get me wrong the car is a beast when I go all in but having driven a few stock r’s it just doesn’t feel as nippy in d.
Anyone local to me in north London with apr stage 2 wanna come see? Would be nice to see how yours is and you can compare to mine. Obviously it’s not a great idea to change over something that costs silly money like the apr stage 2 and it’s also not available any longer so rare too. 

13 hours ago, Tinker10 said:

I'm APR stage 2 high torque and wouldn't swap this for any other map.  Torque is delivered from very low down the rev range and it continues to pull smoothly all the way to the limit.  It definitely isn't all or nothing (like my old Impreza lol).

That agrees with other reports I've read on APR tunes for Golf Rs.  They seem to be fairly aggressive with lots of boost at lower revs so lots of low end torque.