Jump to content

Anyone booked in with rtech?


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, DRK said:

Yes got everything other than intercooler 

 

Not sure how it works with APR tuners but I would be spending my money on an intercooler and tweaking your existing map rather then just switching to R tech who are just going to recommend you fit an intercooler if you want the most out of stage 2, you may end up with very similar performance to your APR map but your wallet will be a fair bit lighter...

 

Only my opinion tho, do what you feel is right for you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DRK said:

Yes got everything other than intercooler 

From memory you Apr shouldn’t flash the high torque stage 2 map without an intercooler.

Even when I ran stage 1 Apr high torque map there was quite a noticeable difference in performance with an intercooler fitted.

As I and others have said if you have Apr stage 2 high torque your never left wanting more.

Do you know what map you have? High torque or lower?

If you don’t  have high torque map then I’d opt for a good quality intercooler and have the map updated.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, DRK said:

Yeah when the gearbox is in s mode it’s all good but in d it’s a nothing at all or all in for me I don’t know if it’s my car or not. I didn’t get the stage 2 apr my self had to call awesome gti and provide my vin to have them tell me it’s got a apr stage 2 tune done in September 2019.

like don’t get me wrong the car is a beast when I go all in but having driven a few stock r’s it just doesn’t feel as nippy in d.
Anyone local to me in north London with apr stage 2 wanna come see? Would be nice to see how yours is and you can compare to mine. Obviously it’s not a great idea to change over something that costs silly money like the apr stage 2 and it’s also not available any longer so rare too. 

Sounds like you need a pedal box. But the dsg adapts to how you drive so if the previous owner was very lazy with the throttle then resetting the learned values of the dsg box should liven it up.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, marshy said:

From memory you Apr shouldn’t flash the high torque stage 2 map without an intercooler.

Even when I ran stage 1 Apr high torque map there was quite a noticeable difference in performance with an intercooler fitted.

As I and others have said if you have Apr stage 2 high torque your never left wanting more.

Do you know what map you have? High torque or lower?

If you don’t  have high torque map then I’d opt for a good quality intercooler and have the map updated.

I believe it’s high torque only from the amount of surge I get from the turbo lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Dan1982 said:

Sounds like you need a pedal box. But the dsg adapts to how you drive so if the previous owner was very lazy with the throttle then resetting the learned values of the dsg box should liven it up.  

How do I reset 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Been pushing it quite hard lately and I think now I need thermostat and water pump changed. Thing is on the receipts I got with the car this was already done 3 years ago. 
The symptoms are the water temperature gauge is going mad to 130 where it usually sits just on top of 90. Getting max 4K rpm message epc and engine light also. My coolant level seems just fine. I connected to OBDeleven and also got errors there.

59E7B3B9-5D0B-4E11-89B3-97C0D79F4206.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DRK said:

Been pushing it quite hard lately and I think now I need thermostat and water pump changed. Thing is on the receipts I got with the car this was already done 3 years ago. 
The symptoms are the water temperature gauge is going mad to 130 where it usually sits just on top of 90. Getting max 4K rpm message epc and engine light also. My coolant level seems just fine. I connected to OBDeleven and also got errors there.

 

 

Those errors seem to point towards a faulty water pump.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Current Donation Goals

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...