Hello

I have recently sold my TT (loved it!) and have been looking at 7.5 Rs to fill the void. 

Two currently on my shortlist which I’m hoping to view shortly and hopefully be driving by next weekend. 

Always had really good experiences on forums and having had a quick scan through this one looks good! 

Hopefully be back shortly with some pictures!

GF

Hi Gus. Welcome to nearly R ownership.  Shout if you’re unsure. You’ll get plenty help from Owner Driver enthusiasts that know. (Often having learned the hard way first).

Good luck with your search. 🤞

6 hours ago, Gus Fring said:

Hello

I have recently sold my TT (loved it!) and have been looking at 7.5 Rs to fill the void. 

Two currently on my shortlist which I’m hoping to view shortly and hopefully be driving by next weekend. 

Always had really good experiences on forums and having had a quick scan through this one looks good! 

Hopefully be back shortly with some pictures!

GF

Welcome to VWROC Gus...:welcome:..I hope your R search goes quickly and smoothly and you get one in the spec you want asap....:afro:

:welcome: to the forum, you’ll struggle to find a better bunch of helpful people when it comes to the Golf R community. 
Hope your choice of R is a good one, make sure it has DCC, it’s the one thing I’d wish I had in my R.

Welcome to VWROC Gus 

:welcome:

I hope you’re shortlist brings forth a winner and you’ll soon be joining the ranks of us R owners.  The forum is fab resource for information, inspiration and plenty of chat and banter so hopefully you’ll enjoy this place.  If you get an R then be sure to share some pics with us!  

Thank you for the welcome messages everybody, I’m not a spec person my only wants are 5 doors, a pre OPF with DSG oh and the wife wants white! So of course it’ll be white.

Plenty around at the minute and cash is waiting, so it’s just a case of finding one I like (there’s no immediate rush, but at the same time I want one now!)   

Hope you find the car to match your spec soon! 
I have had my white MK7.5 for just over a week now and have fallen completely in love with it. It looks like a Storm Troopers Helmet which is awesome! 
as someone above said find one with DCC as it is a quality bit of kit 

Struggling to do deals at the minute, had some bad luck with dealers not calling me back etc. strange really as I have the cash and want a car so it’s not as though I’m wanting to test drive or kick tyres, likewise I’m talking big dealerships. 

Pushing me away really and putting me off, so I have been looking at the S4 the last couple of days, if I can get something done by the weekend an R remains the priority, if not I shall leave it and look elsewhere! 

From some of the reports I've been reading decent used cars are in short supply in the UK at the moment, so dealers are asking (and getting) high prices without having to try very hard at all to sell cars.  So be prepared to keep looking.

Welcome Gus I've just joined myself and found the same. Dealers saying they would get back to you or email and get nothing been and seen a couple now and finally put deposit down on one should be picking up today or tomorrow. Hang in there mate after the test drive I've had seems a great fun car will be worth your wait 👍

Fingers crossed! I’m not looking for any spec just want a 7.5 in decent condition I never knew it would be such hard work! 

Hopefully source one soon but if not it’ll be the S4 and I’ll be happy either way! 

21 hours ago, PAW said:

Welcome Gus I've just joined myself and found the same. Dealers saying they would get back to you or email and get nothing been and seen a couple now and finally put deposit down on one should be picking up today or tomorrow. Hang in there mate after the test drive I've had seems a great fun car will be worth your wait 👍

It's not just car dealers. 

I've been trying to buy some touchup paint that is actually the correct colour for my OEM Pretorias (ie not LZ49 which is too dark).   

Neither Lepsons nor wheelpaints.co.uk have bothered to respond to my emails or google questions.  Even a simple "No, we don't ship to Australia" would be good manners (something that seems to be very much lacking with some people & companies these days).

3 hours ago, gregozedobe said:

It's not just car dealers. 

I've been trying to buy some touchup paint that is actually the correct colour for my OEM Pretorias (ie not LZ49 which is too dark).   

Neither Lepsons nor wheelpaints.co.uk have bothered to respond to my emails or google questions.  Even a simple "No, we don't ship to Australia" would be good manners (something that seems to be very much lacking with some people & companies these days).

It’s really poor that companies don’t get back to customer enquiries.  But I can tell you Greg that Lepsons don’t provide touch up paint as I’ve asked them myself (face to face) before, when I’d had Prets refurbished, so not even to customers that have used their services.  I guess they feel that it might impact business if people just buy paint and do it themselves.