New owner saying hi 👋

Hi all put a deposit down on the R weekend and collecting Thursday. Looking forward to finding out more and getting involved in the club. 

I'm from the South West and have owned a few performance cars including mk2 focus rs and a subaru impreza sti but must admit never owned an auto/dsg or vw so all new to me so expect some questions 😁👍.

20210502_150546.jpg

Hello Paul & welcome.  Great choice with your R. Looks nice. Getting to learn DSG will be lots of fun. Can take a while. Then you discover some more.  I’ve had DSG SINCE 2006, and they’ve improved each revision. 
Sure you’ll enjoy it - but there are some occasionally who can’t.  For modern day use they are fabulous, imho.

Look forward to your pics, posts and views.   Questions always welcome👍

Welcome to VWROC PAW.  

:welcome:

Car looks lovely!  Hope all goes well at collection and you’re happy with the car.  DSG is a learning curve (I had DSG cars since 2008) and it requires a different mindset to driving a manual gearbox, a bit of open mindedness and some letting go of diehard habits, lol.  There’s a good thread here that might prove useful reading 

Let us know how you get on and if any questions, just post up as we are a friendly and helpful community.  I do hope you find some good info here and it’s great to have you join us!  

1 hour ago, Berty182 said:

Hello mate! R looks great! I too came from a Focus RS mk2 which I loved but the R is a totally different beast. I couldn't believe how much faster the R feels over the RS

Hi mate thank you, yes loved my rs too but felt underpowered as standard had it mapped by colins performance and air filter and exhaust much better. Even on the test drive could feel the r was in a different league for acceleration 👍 looking forward to picking it up.

On 04/05/2021 at 09:32, PAW said:

Hi all put a deposit down on the R weekend and collecting Thursday. Looking forward to finding out more and getting involved in the club. 

I'm from the South West and have owned a few performance cars including mk2 focus rs and a subaru impreza sti but must admit never owned an auto/dsg or vw so all new to me so expect some questions 😁👍.

20210502_150546.jpg

Welcome to VWROC Paul :welcome:....from another Paul...Congrats on the new to your R...I hope you enjoy both the car and the forum....:wink:

Loving it cheers mate find its so easy to drive steady don't feel the need to blast everywhere, mind you family usually end up in the car with me so I'm sure when i get to go out on my own will switch mode to race for a bit of fun 😁👍

1 hour ago, Muzza said:

Welcome mate!

lovely looking motor you have purchased. They are brilliant cars and are perfect for daily driving and can take a little abuse if the time and place allows!

do you have plans for her?

Cheers

Jon

Hi mate yes I am very happy with it thank you, I would like to get it mapped at somepoint and the dsg map been looking at the mountune52 map when funds allow. I'm guessing I would really need the induction or airbox done at the same time to get it running best? Plus would like to change the wheels for the Spielberg wheels I believe they are again when I can afford it.