WBAC valuation after a year of ownership

I don't know why the values are so high but I'm sure you are on the right lines Charles.  Mine is great apart from a 1cm dent on the D pillar (how it got there I don't know). They said to leave it as dealers only knock about £50 off for something like that so no point in me calling the PDR man.

Even better, they will collect from my relative's house so I will be able to swap cars without taking a covid-infested train!

If I get even close to that money, it will be better value than those crazy £190 a month lease deals from 2016ish. (I paid £29.5K for it as an 8 mile pre-reg. Lease spec plus Lapiz)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, I have my offer! Not as high as they were hoping but, from my point of view it is still very good - £24.5K.  I had a few marks on the one back door carbon trim and one boot side that are beyond fa

Update on the above, car sold and collected, finance paid off, money transferred.   Motorway have been brilliant from my experience. Very impressed.

Yes, I would never use a company that has someone who deceived his family for so long in its adverts, vile little man!!

Posted Images

With the silly lead times been quoted by VW at the moment, 24 to 36 weeks, I'm starting to look round for a replacement for my 2019 R with only 6000 on the clock, lease ends in March.

Put reg into Motorway to get an idea what the Lease Company would want for it, see below crazy price.  I doubt if Lease Co paid that much more for it.

Screenshot 2021-06-14 at 12.09.21.png

@JonSW I guess like most things in life, it's simple economics of supply and demand.

As mentioned, I looked at used M340i Tourings and there aren't that many on the market (at least not approved used), but those with a similar spec seem to have gone up 12-15% since I got mine. As mentioned, I suspect that's because you can get a Harmon Karden sound system!! Goodness know what used values will be like in future years for those that BMW have changed orders for.

But the Golf...... it is interesting re hatch vs estate. They both seem to be doing well, as well as being fairly good supply of ex leases. I could understand why the estate might be in demand, given that the 8R Estate is yet to break cover.  But the hatch...is the 8 subject to delays, dropped options from what's ordered? We all know about the buttons, but would that really make a big difference, when seemingly the chassis and engine advances are quite significant? I guess the 8R demand is tempered by the cost. At some stage prices for the 7 will top out as the difference between the 7 and 8 won't be that attractive.

I sold mine through Motorway and at the time (end of April) I got a lot more than WBAC (whether it would now if I still had it, dont know).

I actually got £1200 more than the estimated price first quoted. I think the options (if you have them) may help.

The problem with WBAC is options have zero value and I don't think they will offer you any more for the car than quoted (less if anything).

When you talk to Motorway they ask about your options. I'm only guessing, but these will make your car more desirable and push the price of your car up a bit. After all, it's a closed auction and dealers are bidding for your car.

A VW main dealer bought mine and brilliant experience for me, I'd use them again.

Dealers seem desperate for new stock at the moment - so its definitely a sellers market.

12 hours ago, Dollyman said:

I doubt if Lease Co paid that much more for it.

Wonder what price you’ll need to pay to get it at the end of the lease?
your Motorway valuation betters my latest of £30858. 
Crazy times.  Shame I’m not wanting to change.   
We’ll See where we are in 12 months, not so rosy then I’d bet😂😂

Purchasing dealer via Motorway collected mine today. Over the 44 months I owned it the depreciation works out at £215 per month. Just over 40k miles on the clock. Am very happy with process and sale price. Would definitely recommend Motorway as a way of selling a car. 

@DSarge what you moved on to? I bought used and worked out that depreciation was about £183 a month, so was happy with that. 

Motorway sent an email today, never deleted the car from my profile, and it came out as £23899

The other strange one is the used prices of pick ups. I bought one 3 years ago - a 2014 plate - for £17250 (+VAT) and the value Motorway gave today, 3 years down the road, is £18262 (I don't put huge mileage on it)

I bought my Polo GTI+ brand new in November then realised I'd made a mistake and wanted the R, around Feb/March time I checked WBAC and was only offered £17,800, just re-checked with them yesterday and it's risen to £19,000.. Thought I'd give Motorway a pop and they are saying it's £20,660 surely that can't be right mind you it's only done 900 miles haha

OK, I have my offer! Not as high as they were hoping but, from my point of view it is still very good - £24.5K.  I had a few marks on the one back door carbon trim and one boot side that are beyond fair wear and tear (nasty stuff damaged it on the way to the tip, despite a tarp etc.) or maybe it would have been a bit higher. Flipside for it's next owner; it's mostly been driven very lightly (lifetime average 35.5mpg) and has never been launched!

I paid circa £29.5K in Sep 18 for an Aug 18 pre-reg. £5K lost in 2.75 years = £151 a month. This is cheaper than those insane £190 a month lease deals from a few years ago! Not sure you can lease a supermini for that!

I have accepted and hope everything goes through OK!

On 17/06/2021 at 17:00, JonSW said:

I have accepted and hope everything goes through OK!

Well, the dealer has paid for the car even though they don't have it yet! This may be unusual, I don't know. Tomorrow I drive it to my Dad's where I am leaving it for collection and picking up the Golf's replacement (more on that later but no need to get excited ...).

I haven't driven it since the valuation photos, even though they give some fair use extra mileage. Don't like to tempt fate.