• Current Donation Goals

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By TechieAli
      Having just tried to scan my August 19 car, it claims my Hex-Can needs an upgrade. Anyone used the interface upgrade program from Ross-Tech? Did you have to pay VAT on entry to the UK from the USA?
    • By BIRD
      For me, one of the cons to the MK7 Golf R is the steering wheel.  It just isn't thick enough and it also has a strange geometry to it, in that i feel that the face is not flat enough  The MK6 steering wheel was considerably more comfortable.   
      After going on a 500 mile cruise up here in the PNW i decided i needed to make a change.   I researched steering wheel upgrades and came upon the Eurozone Tuning EZT Carbon Wheel and i became infatuated.  I reached out with a bunch of questions to someone at EZT and quickly got a response (more on the response later) answering all of my questions regarding fit and finish of the wheel.  Many emails later i decided to pull the trigger and order one of these wheels.   I wanted to keep it as OEM as possible, so i opted with a matte carbon finish to match the door pieces, gunmetal stitching and a gunmetal centerline.  My order was placed on 4/20 and i received the wheel on about 5/27.   It was a long lead time, but considering that the wheel is a custom order and hand stitched, it was an understandable amount of time.  
      Unboxing.   This wheel was well protected in plastic and foam.  Once i removed all of the wrapping i was immediately ecstatic with my purchase.  The wheel is beautiful.  The fit and finish was clean and tight.  The muted appearance of the matte carbon finish and gunmetal stitching and color worked perfectly with the scheme of the other OEM interior pieces.  The wheel was heavy in that you know you bought a quality piece kind of way.  I couldn't wait to install this.   
      install.   I gathered all of the needed tools, and headed to the garage late on a Saturday night. I've done steering wheel swaps before, so i decided i was going to time myself.  Well with some interruptions here and there, i was able to get the old wheel off and the new wheel on in no time.  Full disclosure... i had some problems with figuring out how to connect the wires.  Total rookie move on my part.  Here's where the "response" comes back in to play.  I sent an email to EZT with my concerns regarding the install, and i started putting my old wheel back on.   within a few minutes i get an email back from Bill (owner @ EZT) addressing some of my questions.  Now understand this is about 10 PM PST and i believe Bill is on the East Coast.  We exchanged emails  back and forth and after about another 45 minutes my new wheel was reconnected and installed.   The majority of that time was spent removing my old trim, because I opted to re-use my airbag and trim pieces to save a little money.  
      Conclusion.   I wanted to give it a couple of weeks before writing this, but i couldn't be more thrilled with this purchase.   The car enthusiast always looks for reasons to feel connected to the car.   This was accomplished.  It has satisfied my modification urge.....................for a little while, anyway.  hahaha.....

• By Jonnyfez
      Apologies if this is an old question, I tried to search but couldn't find an answer and I'm new to this.

Got an early 2015 Golf Mk7 R and I notice a few things are missing from the centre console computer, particularly the 'car' options. 

I know in the 2016 models for example there is a sport section with power and G-Force circular dials and there is a think blue trainer.

can the software/firmware be upgraded to enable these? If so can it be done by an owner or is it a dealership job? 

I know the nav data can be updated but I haven't got nav.

Im im sure this has probably been asked before so sorry.

cheers
    • By admin
      Welcome to the new VWROC
      Well, we made it!

We hope that testing has been sufficient, but we do expect one or two teething issues. As such we have created an Upgrade Bug board here: http://www.vwroc.com/forums/forum/85-upgrade-bugs/

Please report any issues there.

Over the next few days we'll look to update the FAQs and post some useful guides on to use the new features.
      The main feature, mobile responsiveness, is automatic and you'll find that the mobile experience is vastly improved. We hope that with a combination of the mobile responsive design & the Amazon S3 image hosting, there is no need use Tapatalk. We will continue to use Tapatalk for now and there are no plans to phase out support, however, it is not our preferred method of using the site.

The other main point of interest are @ mentions and image hosting.

To use the mention/include feature, simple add a '@' symbol to your point and begin typing the username of the user you wish to include. A list will appear - from which you select the member's username. This will then include them. You'll see that you were successful as their username will appear as follows @admin

With regards to S3 image hosting, there are limits for certain groups, but we hope these are reasonable. We'll review as we get to know the system a little better and gauge our usage.

We hope you enjoy the new system. Any problem should be logged in the Upgrade Bug section. Have a poke around and have fun!
    • By admin
      All,

Over the past couple of years VWROC has seen some fantastic growth and we're pleased to announce we're upgrading the forum to help us provide a more feature rich & secure environment for our members. We are moving to IPS 4 which is the next version of the hugely popular forum software we currently run.

The admin and moderator teams have been busy working hard behind the scenes to test the new platform and we're pleased to announce that the upgrade will be happening this Friday 24th March @ 5pm GMT. This will lead to approximately 48 hours of downtime and we will announce via our social media sites when we're back up and running.

From around 10am Saturday 25th March, your existing VWROC log in details will give you full access to our sister site http://www.uberhatch.com. We will confirm this by our social media channels and a link will be provided on the VWROC holding page once everything is ready to rock n' roll. Feel free to use Uberhatch whilst VWROC is being upgraded. We know VWROC addiction is a very real issue so we hope UH will provide a remedy!

The new upgraded software is based on the same platform but comes with a host of new features, which include:
      A fully mobile responsive theme @ username mentions Shared login platform with Uberhatch and any future VWROC partner sites. Image hosting on the new system - no need for 3rd party image hosting/linking anymore! Full SSL security (coming shortly after the upgrade) Improved Tapatalk compatibility Improved Twitter, Insta & YouTube embedding Plus much more! We hope to be back online by Sunday afternoon/evening. We will put our announcements via Uberhatch and our Social Media accounts to let you guys know when we're 100% back. 
      Thank you for all your contributions and support over the past few years. Here's to many more on a new, cool & improved platform!