T ROC R electric fault

my car has an annoying fault which VW state that they cannot fix  - the time clock keeps going back to zero, and the the trip mileage keeps going back to zero and also all the history data of mpg etc etc all goes back to zero  

Anyone else experience this fault ??

thanks

9 minutes ago, Welling said:

my car has an annoying fault which VW state that they cannot fix  - the time clock keeps going back to zero, and the the trip mileage keeps going back to zero and also all the history data of mpg etc etc all goes back to zero  

thanks

Not experienced that (mine’s a Golf R) but what exactly have the dealership said.  Sounds like it could be one of the infamous software issues.  Maybe it needs expediting to VWUK if no joy with dealership assuming it’s under warranty?  

6 minutes ago, Welling said:

thanks

How old is the car? if still under warranty then make VW fix it, don't settle for anything less as they are quick to take your money.  

it has been diagnosed by the VW dealer who state it is a "known fault" but they are awaiting a software update and the timescale upon this is unknown !  - so, I am left with driving a deficient vehicle.

Contact the dealer principal via email and CC the service manager; explain the nature of the fault and that you are not satisfied with their initial response that it cannot be fixed.  Kindly request they escalate the issue to VWUK, if they're unable to identify and resolve the issue.    

Give them adequate time to provide a response and if you're not satisfied with how they handle your request then go directly to VWUK; provide them with a copy of your email exchange with the dealership.  Always best to do things via email/writing and if you do speak to anyone on the phone, keep a log of names, dates/times.  

Keep everything concise and factual, e.g don't let emotion come across in any exchanges (as hard as that may be!) 

9 minutes ago, Welling said:

it has been diagnosed by the VW dealer who state it is a "known fault" but they are awaiting a software update and the timescale upon this is unknown !  - so, I am left with driving a deficient vehicle.

How long have you had the car? How long between collecting the car and reporting the fault? 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Current Donation Goals