Had a couple of R estates then bought an XC90 last year for the extra space but after a crazy offer via Motorway I sold it for £7000 profit so have just placed an order for a Tiguan R with the following extras: Nappa leather, Lapiz, heated rear seats, Nav pro, area view cameras, inductive phone charging and Harman Kardon. Bit of a wait for delivery but looking forward to being back in an R👍

Amazing. Well done Simon. £7k a nice bump.  Spec sounds great.   Look forward to pics and views when you get it. 
They’re an impressive monster. I briefly looked at one when I was last at my VW Dealership. Has to be a hoot to own and use.   Congratulations. 😳

Congratulations on your order, nice to see someone going for a Tiguan R and sounds a lovely spec.  Hope the wait isn’t too painful and long and look forward to you sharing your thoughts on it and of course some photos when you get it.   And well done on making such a great profit on your XC90!  

Thank you for the comments, plenty of pics will appear when it arrives, looking at 3-4 months delivery at present. Ref the XC90, never used Motorway to sell a car before but it was so easy and the car sold for over a thousand more than the reserve and £2k more than WBAC, bought by a Volvo main dealer the other side of the country.

Had to drop the leather as it transpires that it changes the seat to the S Line shape instead of the R bucket, seems VW didn't notice until I pointed it out to them, the online brochure is wrong and it's only when you add it it the configurator that the different seat is shown, clearly shown though on the German brochure

https://www.volkswagen.de/idhub/content/dam/onehub_master/pc/models/r-models/tiguan-r/downloads/Tiguan-R_Katalog.pdf

Thought seeing as I was saving on leather I'd go for the Akrapovic but when they amended the order it added 3 months!! Just can't wait that long.

1 hour ago, simonj67 said:

Had to drop the leather as it transpires that it changes the seat to the S Line shape instead of the R bucket, seems VW didn't notice until I pointed it out to them, the online brochure is wrong and it's only we you add it it the configurator that the different seat is shown, clearly shown though on the German brochure

https://www.volkswagen.de/idhub/content/dam/onehub_master/pc/models/r-models/tiguan-r/downloads/Tiguan-R_Katalog.pdf

Thought seeing as I was saving on leather I'd go for the Akrapovic but when they amended the order it added 3 months!! Just can't wait that long.

Usual case of /owner/prospective owner teaching VW a thing or two.  Such a shame that you can't have the leather with the R shape seats!  

Akra a very nice alternative but another 3 months!  

I know, but saving a bit of money for something else?? Leather is also off for the Golf R now as well so yours will be rare!

have you thought about a pedal box yet? It made such a difference on my 7.5 I think I'm going to give it a go as it's available.

Thanks for posting German brochure. I’ve only found one YouTube video review (by a German chap) which shows the leather option. It seems quite rare. I’ve gone with it as I like the look of them. When I ordered my R the tyre pressure monitoring system was in the brochure as an option but on the configurator as standard and couldn’t be added to the order. The latest brochure shows it as standard so just hoping mine will have it.

Just now, DSarge said:

The R has been delivered. What a beast! First job was remove R badge on tailgate. Good news is that tyre pressure monitoring system is standard! Also gets 240 v socket in boot - though it’s two pin. And both driver and passenger seat are full electric with leather option. Some pics will follow. 

Congratlations!  That’s great you have electric adjustment on both seats with the leather (shame the Golf R doesn’t have it on both, just the driver one).  Look forward to seeing the photos!  

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Current Donation Goals