How quick did you get used to buttonless cockpit?

Everyone is feeling that lovely new car glow at the moment, if VW don’t sort out the software I can see the infotainment starting to grate with people.  I don’t have a lot of patience for issues, even minor ones like having to reset it every now and again, so it wouldn’t take me long! 

Hopefully VW fix the issues quickly, especially bigger ones like which side the car is driving on….and everyone can get on and enjoy their fault free 8R 👍

8 hours ago, Martin2 said:

Everyone is feeling that lovely new car glow at the moment, if VW don’t sort out the software I can see the infotainment starting to grate with people.  I don’t have a lot of patience for issues, even minor ones like having to reset it every now and again, so it wouldn’t take me long! 

Hopefully VW fix the issues quickly, especially bigger ones like which side the car is driving on….and everyone can get on and enjoy their fault free 8R 👍

It takes ages to start up sometimes and it’s a bit laggy. I have noticed if you swipe slowly it doesn’t lag 

I have noticed… if you rush the system at the start it can sometimes cause the system to run slow initially. 

For example if you press the climate or try to change the driving mode whilst it’s still starting up….. it sometimes doesn’t like it 😆

I had a chance to sit in an 8R for a while (shopping around for a new car ;) - well, window-shopping at least. Salesperson's tease I am) and apart from the climate control which I do like to play around with as it's never set right for me - I liked the cleaner and modern look it gives the cabin. Definitely an upgrade on the MK7's always cheap feeling (versus the equivalent Audi S3) dials and black plastic buttons.