Hi. 

just wondering if anyone k owe the part number and if it’s possible to order the performance pack spoiler separately?  Also how it fixes?

I ask as getting the car on a lease deal. So I would have had to pay the 2k for the performance pack off over the 3 year lease. Decided it would make more sense to use the standard alloys over winter and then get some aftermarket alloys for the summer months. And then retro fit the spoiler and return the car to standard at the end of the lease and sell the spoiler and alloys etc. 

Cheers in advance. Probably a bit of a newbie question but searched the forum and couldn’t find a specific thread 

24 minutes ago, Darlo said:

It’s has been discussed somewhere but I can think where on here😂

I think once bought and painted it works about quite expensive but still less than the total cost off the PP.

Yeh there was a few pages of posts about it but like you, I cannot remember where it is either

10 hours ago, dopper99 said:

Dopper you have hero status with me now haha. Just need to see how they fit and make sure isn’t going to cause any permanent markings on the car. Will then get one ordered. 

Cheers again 

26 minutes ago, Rudders said:

Dopper you have hero status with me now haha. Just need to see how they fit and make sure isn’t going to cause any permanent markings on the car. Will then get one ordered. 

Cheers again 

No worries. 👍

I'm not sure that anyone on here has fitted one of these as yet, but you could be the first to try it. 🙂

I wont need it as have the performance pack on my order. 😉

3 hours ago, Rudders said:

Cheers again 

On the advert it says that it fits the Standard / R Line Golf, nothing about the R (or GTI)

Do bear in mind as its a lease car so if you modify it you are totally breaking the terms of your lease, unless you let them know. Donno how well they will accept that, also remember your insurance as it becomes a cosmetic extra - ie modified. So add the possible extra of an insurance twerk to your overall spoiler costs.

cheers 

14 hours ago, DustyBones said:

Do bear in mind as its a lease car so if you modify it you are totally breaking the terms of your lease, unless you let them know. Donno how well they will accept that, also remember your insurance as it becomes a cosmetic extra - ie modified. So add the possible extra of an insurance twerk to your overall spoiler costs.

cheers 

Thanks a good point, as a lease car it’s not yours to do with as you wish, because it belongs to the lease company and you are just the registered keeper.

18 hours ago, DustyBones said:

cheers 

This isn’t specific to a lease, the same applies to any vehicle which is on finance. You don’t own it until you clear the finance.

14 hours ago, Darlo said:

This isn’t specific to a lease, the same applies to any vehicle which is on finance. You don’t own it until you clear the finance.

Yes totally, however on a PCP there is a strong chance of them accepting the change if you give clear indication of an outright purchase if you are close to the end. (I did but had a month to go, hence why I started adding stuff) But yes its a lottery for sure cheers

14 hours ago, Darlo said:

This.

You are not supposed to mess about modding your car if its on PCP, although a lot do. The car belongs to the finance company (eg VW Finance) and you are supposed to get written permission before you change anything. I doubt anyone does.