Blackvue Dash Cams!? ...Recommendations please!

Really liking the look of these ones! Never had a dash cam but now in the market for one.

....Any models and fitment suggestions much appreciated! 

Also, buy from Amazon or direct from the website?

Cheers! 

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have ordered a camera system for my car (yesterday) and getting it fitted tomorrow as the engineer is in my area , Ordered from Blackvue who are doing fitting for free just now on their website .

Thanks for yet another great tip Rebecca - although you keep forcing me to spend money 🤣 which isn’t hard. The Blackvue code FIT is giving £49 off the 750x so it’s now £449 if anyone’s interested. Jus

Just some consumer advice for folks looking at dash cams...   Really look at what features you want/need. The blackvue cameras are awesome, as are the top of the range thinkware ones, but if

Posted Images

1 hour ago, WillzieR said:

Really liking the look of these ones! Never had a dash cam but now in the market for one.

....Any models and fitment suggestions much appreciated! 

Also, buy from Amazon or direct from the website?

Cheers! 

I recently bought a new Blackvue dashcam for my 8R.  I had one in my previous 7R and was a good dashcam so decided once again to choose a Blackvue one for the new car.  Went for the 750X 2CH (front and rear) and very pleased with it so far.  A big improvement on the previous gen and more user friendly when it comes to reviewing video files etc.  Some pic of it in this post. 

https://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/38413-bec’s-lapiz-8r/?do=findComment&comment=580048

I bought mine direct from Blackvue and had one of their installers put it in. Great service.  https://www.blackvue.co.uk/product/dr750x-2ch-full-hd-package-offer-with-installation/

A few others with mk8s have recently bought the same one too, some opting for back up battery packs and LTE connectivity packs.  There are all sorts of bundles you can go for.   

22 hours ago, Pinky1959 said:

I have ordered a camera system for my car (yesterday) and getting it fitted tomorrow as the engineer is in my area , Ordered from Blackvue who are doing fitting for free just now on their website .

Excellent service .

On 09/06/2021 at 13:54, Booth11 said:

I recently bought a new Blackvue dashcam for my 8R.  I had one in my previous 7R and was a good dashcam so decided once again to choose a Blackvue one for the new car.  Went for the 750X 2CH (front and rear) and very pleased with it so far.  A big improvement on the previous gen and more user friendly when it comes to reviewing video files etc.  Some pic of it in this post. 

https://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/38413-bec’s-lapiz-8r/?do=findComment&comment=580048

I bought mine direct from Blackvue and had one of their installers put it in. Great service.  https://www.blackvue.co.uk/product/dr750x-2ch-full-hd-package-offer-with-installation/

A few others with mk8s have recently bought the same one too, some opting for back up battery packs and LTE connectivity packs.  There are all sorts of bundles you can go for.   

Thank you!! Excellent thread. There seems to be a few good options! 
always nice to see a good review!

free fitting looks a gooden too!

22 hours ago, Pinky1959 said:

Excellent service .

Brilliant. Thank you! I checked last night but today now offers free fitting! 

cheers!

On 09/06/2021 at 13:54, Booth11 said:

Thanks for yet another great tip Rebecca - although you keep forcing me to spend money 🤣 which isn’t hard. The Blackvue code FIT is giving £49 off the 750x so it’s now £449 if anyone’s interested. Just bought one. 

1 hour ago, BernieMat said:

Thanks for yet another great tip Rebecca - although you keep forcing me to spend money 🤣 which isn’t hard. The Blackvue code FIT is giving £49 off the 750x so it’s now £449 if anyone’s interested. Just bought one. 

Happy to help Paul even if it does diminish your bank account - that's what forums do! 😂 

That's a good discount so thanks for posting that up for others. 😊

Just some consumer advice for folks looking at dash cams...

Really look at what features you want/need. The blackvue cameras are awesome, as are the top of the range thinkware ones, but if you just want good video quality and parked recording there are great cheaper alternatives out there. I didn't need half the big money features the blackvue and thinkware ones come with so got the VIOFO A129 Pro Duo instead. In most of the testing performed the video quality was as good if not better in some situations than the more expensive blackvue and thinkwares, but at near on half the price. It is a chinese company but isn't one of those crappy knockoffs. It was set up by two brothers who really know their stuff and use high quality components like sony exmor sensors etc. Just an idea for those not wanting to spend £400-500.

6 hours ago, tweaked9107 said:

Just some consumer advice for folks looking at dash cams...

Really look at what features you want/need. The blackvue cameras are awesome, as are the top of the range thinkware ones, but if you just want good video quality and parked recording there are great cheaper alternatives out there. I didn't need half the big money features the blackvue and thinkware ones come with so got the VIOFO A129 Pro Duo instead. In most of the testing performed the video quality was as good if not better in some situations than the more expensive blackvue and thinkwares, but at near on half the price. It is a chinese company but isn't one of those crappy knockoffs. It was set up by two brothers who really know their stuff and use high quality components like sony exmor sensors etc. Just an idea for those not wanting to spend £400-500.

I'll vote for Viofo as well. I started with the A119 single camera model in the front of my last car, moved it to the R and added the same at the rear. Around £80 each. I'm very pleased with the quality and reliability. Unlike many competitors they use a capacitor rather than a rechargeable lithium battery. The latter have a tendency to fail spectacularly, especially when overheated.

• 4 weeks later...
On 09/06/2021 at 20:54, Booth11 said:

Did you have any problems with your rear cam interfering with the dab signal ? I’ve had to disconnect my rear cam to get dab back 

steve

3 hours ago, Stevemoir said:

Did you have any problems with your rear cam interfering with the dab signal ? I’ve had to disconnect my rear cam to get dab back 

steve

To be honest I don’t know with this cam as I rarely use the radio in my car, but it’s a reasonably well documented issue (both on this forum and elsewhere on internet) with some Blackvue dashcams (of old anyway) and in some cases fitting a ferrite core (see links) on the cable to the rear cam can help.  I’d have hoped Blackvue would have resolved this issue by now.  Worth contacting them to ask for advice.  

https://blackvuehd.co.uk/product/blackvue-dab-interference-suppressor/

https://www.blackvue.co.uk/product/dab-noise-suppressor/