Yes saw this, will be interesting to find out what the final specification will be.But have you seen the latest, RS3 previewed while the bosses are discussing future electrification/ hybrids etc.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/new-2022-audi-rs3-394bhp-mega-hatch-officially-previewed

There are a few photos and on motor1 website the same article is covered but there is a video but you need to go to near end to see a little more detail on the RS3 twins.

Not long now, probably a few more months though cost will probably be a shocker.

10 hours ago, AndyR said:

Yes saw this, will be interesting to find out what the final specification will be.But have you seen the latest, RS3 previewed while the bosses are discussing future electrification/ hybrids etc.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/new-2022-audi-rs3-394bhp-mega-hatch-officially-previewed

There are a few photos and on motor1 website the same article is covered but there is a video but you need to go to near end to see a little more detail on the RS3 twins.

Not long now, probably a few more months though cost will probably be a shocker.

I'd be surprised if you get much change from £52K for a base model.  It'll be interesting how they'll spec it and how, on paper, it will compare to the A45S    

Thanks for sharing, very likely the saloon variant will be my next move, am interested to see just how aggressive it's going to look.

The only thing that would out me off if it sits to far in ASBO territory for looks, but I really don't see AUDI doing that. 
J

Looking at how Audi have set up their other models it would seem sensible to think we’ll get base trim, Audi Sport Edition and Vorsprung Edition. 

I thinking base model £48-50k. The old version was basic OTR at about £46k 

options are are where things escalate, so I’m hoping you can choose what you want and not be stuck with stuff you don’t wasn’t. But old version I was up to £53-54, so new one would be might 50s I’m sure. However I’m not hopefully as S3 options and spec won’t meet what I want on the colours,alloys and options even before we look at the engineering side of things.

i think looks wise the front will be quite similar to RS6, I think that is what you can see through the disguise on the front of the sportback version. Not keen at all on the fake vent stuff on the rear bumper of the saloon version. If everything else aligned then I could live with it but I suspect I’ll have other issues with design and spec.

It might surprise me or else I’ll give up on that and think about 15/16 or 17/18 versions. 

But at the the back of my mind I’m still hoping maybe 2023-25 they might bring out a Golf with 2.5 engine. Yes, I know I’m clutching at straws, but they gave Cupra 7,000 run for the Formentor VZ5 and TT is getting close to end of life, so maybe some spare engine factory capacity and VW might’ve just be able to get a few engines off Audi once Audi have had a couple of years to flog RS3.  Yes, it’s a long shot but l can dream

1 hour ago, veneeringman said:

0121ec43028bbbe142ad3180ce0129d0.jpg
I just can’t get past those huge headlights emoji30.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By no means a deal breaker but I'd prefer if they lopped off that bottom part. Made them more like the RS5/R8's you see in the background.

Vorsprung for me, which I’d expect to be £60k.  Will wait and see what it looks like and how it drives, but I could be interested.  I don’t get the 5 pot love though and never have.   OK, they sound better than a 4 cylinder, but I much prefer a 6 or even better, an 8 cylinder engine.  I played part of a couple of RS3 YouTube clips to my wife when I saw this article last night and she didn’t like the noise it made.   She’s a V8 fan, but did love her Boxster with sports exhaust, so she’s not deaf!

Engines, I’ve had them all, including three different 5-cyl Audi’s and my mapped TTRS sounded incredible.  Videos never do sounds justice but through a tunnel it sounded genuinely Lamborghin-esque. 

For me, it’s every bit a match for Porsche’s screaming 6-cylinder or a Merc V8. 

Back to the new RS3, I think looks wise it’s OK but not mind blowing.  Also not a huge fan of new Audi interiors.  But then I also prefer the Mk7 Golf over the Mk8.

For the engine, if Autocar are correct and it’s got the same 394bhp engine as before then that’s disappointing, unless they are planning to do a Performance version later down the line with more power…

Price wise, bank on spending £60k+ for a nicely specced car!

Regardless, we need to enjoy these cars while we can.  It won’t be long before it’s all electric and self driving cars!