What software and hardware version does your R have?

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just wanted to explain the different Display hardware and software:   So the Displays are built at two different factories:   The following are built in Germany (Back of display is

Well had 1896 a week. Infotainment seems to be faster ( weirdly it wasn’t for the first few days after the update, might just be me), reverse camera is instant now when getting in the car and putting

I've just done the MO13_VW_ 8960L update. Download was "jerky" but finally it all downloaded and as promised the update then took about 30 mins.  Quick test drive and 3 new massages appeared One

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Scudgie said:

Fair play Becs, you have them wrapped around your little finger 🤣🤣

I literally have to point out the continuing software glitches before they agree to anything 

Well maybe, lol.  I'm half expecting them to say no when I drop it off as wondering if I've pushed my luck.  😂 You can but ask though.  I just said to the person on the phone something along the lines of - my car having already been in a couple of times for software updates (from 1788 to 1803 to 1890) on account of software issues, and that still some of the issues persist (not really) and there is a TPI out for an upgrade to 1896 software to address said issues.  I asked her if she wanted the TPI number and she said yes and took it down saying she'd detail it on the worksheet ready for it coming in next Tues.  If indeed she does do that, they might turn round on Tues and tell me to bugger off.   🤣   Then it will be fight time. :fight:😂 

4 hours ago, Booth11 said:

Well maybe, lol.  I'm half expecting them to say no when I drop it off as wondering if I've pushed my luck.  😂 You can but ask though.  I just said to the person on the phone something along the lines of - my car having already been in a couple of times for software updates (from 1788 to 1803 to 1890) on account of software issues, and that still some of the issues persist (not really) and there is a TPI out for an upgrade to 1896 software to address said issues.  I asked her if she wanted the TPI number and she said yes and took it down saying she'd detail it on the worksheet ready for it coming in next Tues.  If indeed she does do that, they might turn round on Tues and tell me to bugger off.   🤣   Then it will be fight time. :fight:😂 

Yours is the right approach if you ask me.

I cba taking it in again until it's service is due at the beginning of June. I've changed my dealer on account the last one was poor .... so I will make sure I let them know in the hope they'll pay more attention than the last lot 🤞

1 hour ago, Scudgie said:

Yours is the right approach if you ask me.

I cba taking it in again until it's service is due at the beginning of June. I've changed my dealer on account the last one was poor .... so I will make sure I let them know in the hope they'll pay more attention than the last lot 🤞

TBH if mine wasn’t going in for its service, I’d not bother as I don’t have any software issues, but as it’s going in I thought I’d ask.  

I hope you get much better service from this next dealership than the previous one. 

Well had 1896 a week. Infotainment seems to be faster ( weirdly it wasn’t for the first few days after the update, might just be me), reverse camera is instant now when getting in the car and putting it in R. No error messages about parking sensors, R camera, side assist, rear traffic alert. Not noticed KPH instead of MPH either. Fingers crossed 🤞 

16 hours ago, Wrex said:

side assist, rear traffic alert

16 hours ago, Wrex said:

Well had 1896 a week. Infotainment seems to be faster ( weirdly it wasn’t for the first few days after the update, might just be me), reverse camera is instant now when getting in the car and putting it in R. No error messages about parking sensors, R camera, side assist, rear traffic alert. Not noticed KPH instead of MPH either. Fingers crossed 🤞 

Mine is getting a new Steering wheel because of the those errors on the dash. 

19 minutes ago, dopper99 said:

Deffo got to push for that 1896 when you take it in soon Becs! Read your other post, tell them ‘it has a few issues now and again’. 😁😆

Exactly what I’ve said Andy.  And the car must’ve been listening as just yesterday I had rear traffic alert pop up on dash whilst I was starting it up on the driveway. 😄  It’s been quite a while since I’ve had any errors like that.  It knows!  😂 

14 hours ago, Dannybear83 said:

Mine is getting a new Steering wheel because of the those errors on the dash. 

Be interesting to know if that fix's the intermitant side assist, rear traffic alerts on yours.

I had my steering wheel changed a while back (due to the original one clicking when turning) and i still get these alerts quite often when starting the vehicle.

Hopping 1896 is the answer 🤞

On 26/03/2022 at 09:57, Vinniecoup said:

Mine went in a couple of weeks ago for the creaking suspension issue with a supposed software update but judging by this, doesn't like this was the case. It's been very laggy since. 

16482886203266094641452296600799.jpg

What did they say on the suspension issue? Mine does the same