What software and hardware version does your R have?

2 minutes ago, ma98ard said:

What did they say on the suspension issue? Mine does the same 

They said it's the bump stops on the shock which need greasing, it worked for a week or two but unfortunately it's slowly started again. 

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just wanted to explain the different Display hardware and software:   So the Displays are built at two different factories:   The following are built in Germany (Back of display is

Well had 1896 a week. Infotainment seems to be faster ( weirdly it wasn’t for the first few days after the update, might just be me), reverse camera is instant now when getting in the car and putting

I've just done the MO13_VW_ 8960L update. Download was "jerky" but finally it all downloaded and as promised the update then took about 30 mins.  Quick test drive and 3 new massages appeared One

Posted Images

In the interest of trying to work out which hardware has the new chipset fitted, this is a video navigating around my menu's on the info system like the video above which states it is the newer hardware. I received my car in March this year and have been trying to work out ever since if it is the new hardware or not. Would be really interested to hear anyone with one of the older cars we know isnt running the new hardware how the navigation compares. 

I have attached a photo of the system information with the hardware and software versions to help compare.

Really interested to hear what people think on if it has the new chipset or not.

*video removed while I create another without my address (thank you Rebecca for pointing out) 

I wont lie, my video skills are limited so dont judge the quality of the video, it is set to unlisted as not interested in people finding it, you can probably tell I am not a hand model either! lol

1897458E-6934-4F00-8E6C-2C5042398747.thumb.jpeg.5248a6c6e1ae4ca495ca9eba13754a8a.jpeg

Edited by Andy-B
Removed video link as it had my address on. Will edit again with new video shortly.
17 minutes ago, Andy-B said:

In the interest of trying to work out which hardware has the new chipset fitted, this is a video navigating around my menu's on the info system like the video above which states it is the newer hardware. I received my car in March this year and have been trying to work out ever since if it is the new hardware or not. Would be really interested to hear anyone with one of the older cars we know isnt running the new hardware how the navigation compares. 

I have attached a photo of the system information with the hardware and software versions to help compare.

Really interested to hear what people think on if it has the new chipset or not.

I wont lie, my video skills are limited so dont judge the quality of the video, it is set to unlisted as not interested in people finding it, you can probably tell I am not a hand model either! lol

1897458E-6934-4F00-8E6C-2C5042398747.thumb.jpeg.5248a6c6e1ae4ca495ca9eba13754a8a.jpeg

Thanks Andy for posting that.

So the bottom line is .... is hardware version H58 a new version? Or is that the same as what is in older cars from last year?

Just checked the hardware in mine 

Device part number 5H0035816G

Hardware H56

Software 1896

Display unit/control panel hardware : H41

Display unit/control panel software : 3074

Navigation Database 22.1

Carried out the same screen tasks as in the video Andy-B posted and it seems to be slightly slower but not much. Certainly nothing that you would notice unless you were looking for it.

9 minutes ago, dopper99 said:

Ok thanks Becs, thats all I wanted to know! 😉

Info is in that hardware/software thread Andy.  😄  That’s why I’d encourage owners to post up in that thread so people know where to find it otherwise the info gets lost in these other giant threads.  

In fact I’m moving these posts into that thread.  🙂

17 hours ago, RazR said:

This is my version, car was delivered 31st March 2022, I was also wanting to know if this was the latest hardware, I think it is by the looks....🤷‍♂️

20220324_095652.jpg

H58 appears to be the latest, I remember someone else mentioning this back in February.  Strange they didn't update you to 1896 though. What was your build week? Also AndyB's display unit hardware is H42 and yours is H47. I wonder  if the hardware H58 or display unit H47 relates to the new processor

5 hours ago, Jedi70 said:

H58 appears to be the latest, I remember someone else mentioning this back in February.  Strange they didn't update you to 1896 though. What was your build week? Also AndyB's display unit hardware is H42 and yours is H47. I wonder  if the hardware H58 or display unit H47 relates to the new processor

If I recall correctly, I think my build week was the last week in January. I asked the dealer to update to software 1896, they advised they wouldn't do that unless there was an issue when doing the PDI....Fingers crossed, I've done 150 odd miles and no glitches...