Creations Motorsport Intercooler Offer. (Advice)

Hi all,

Simple question really, is this a just buy it or avoid it?

It's Currently on offer, is the price too good to be true?

Looks like a quality bit of kit and very similar to the Airtec with the alloy connections.

https://creationsmotorsport.com/vw-audi-seat-skoda-mqb-ea888-3-tsi-intercooler-and-silicone-hose-kit-for-vag-cars.html

£299.99 - Yeah I know...

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I don’t know of anyone who’s fitted one although their items are usually just a rip off copy of a known brand.
Very cheap and I’m sure it’ll be much better than the stock cooler.
Be interesting to hear your opinion if you do go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t know of anyone who’s fitted one although their items are usually just a rip off copy of a known brand.

To be honest that's all I want, something better than stock. I'm looking to go stage 2 shortly with a DP and tune and want to keep the temp in check. I have all other supporting mods except maybe a slightly upgraded turbo for reliability.

I just can't see how for example the Airtec is almost double the price!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I went with the DO88 Intercooler, Intake temps really plummet when pushing on.
Lots run stage 2 without Intercooler but for reliability and increased performance in all temps it’s worth it.
I fitted mine during the really warm spell and found the car performs the same at 20 degrees as it does at 8 degrees,

5 minutes ago, marshy said:

I went with the DO88 Intercooler, I take temps really plummet when pushing on.
Lots run stage 2 without Intercooler but for reliability and increased performance in all temps it’s worth it.
I fitted mine during the really warm spell and found the car performs the same at 20 degrees as it does at 8 degrees,

You have kind of answered my question!

I know lots run stage 2 without an upgraded/uprated IC.

I think that even if it's 10% more efficient than stock then it's better than running with the stock IC?

6 hours ago, marshy said:

Yeah, looks like they even copied some of the advertising language from the Airtec product page.

The Creations one looks like a T&F core despite the ad content saying it is B&P.

Edited by MyGolfMk7
correction
Yeah, looks like they even copied some of the advertising language from the Airtec product page.

The Creations one looks like a T&F core despite the ad content saying it is B&P.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the comment, I have been pouring over the info on your site which is fantastic!

This has brought me to the conclusion that pretty much anything had better airflow than stock.

In your opinion (appreciate you have not seen this unit in the flesh)

It's this unit something to avoid? Or just punt for the Wagner unit.

I'm seeing lots of tuners here in the UK right now offer stage 2 tunes with just a decat DP and I want to get some better cooling/airflow to go with my tune.

Thanks.

I think I saw somewhere on the Facebook group that someone had used this with a stage 2 tune and got good numbers (400+ bhp).

I personally ended up going for Airtech, tried and tested and only cost me an extra £230 which i didn't think was bad at all. I made 402 bhp after 17 runs at 24 degrees ambient which i was very impressed with.

I think this intercooler would be fine, but for me i think having good quality tried and tested parts on these cars definitely will help in the future with residuals etc. The car costs me a bloody bomb already so in the grand scheme of things £200 was a hit i was prepared to take 🤣

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/07/2021 at 00:10, ToRnado_R said:

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the comment, I have been pouring over the info on your site which is fantastic!

This has brought me to the conclusion that pretty much anything had better airflow than stock.

In your opinion (appreciate you have not seen this unit in the flesh)

It's this unit something to avoid? Or just punt for the Wagner unit.

I'm seeing lots of tuners here in the UK right now offer stage 2 tunes with just a decat DP and I want to get some better cooling/airflow to go with my tune.

Thanks.

Just guessing, odds are that it will be an improvement over a stock intercooler, but that's a fairly low bar.  I had one T&F from a generic source that I wasn't impressed with, but most every intercooler I've had the chance to evaluate has been a step up.