New RS3 & Used RS3 values.

Been waiting for this to appear:

https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-germancars/2021-audi-rs3-officially-unveiled/44447

Usual mixed Comments page below:

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=23&t=1943003&i=120

What is still surprising me is the continued high prices of used RS3’s.

Ive been looking at pre OPF examples with low miles some with spec and others with little or no options on 2017-2018 examples and seemingly they are all commanding between £38-45k!

Its amazing that a 5 year old RS3 is only £12-13k short of a brand new car.

Im going to make some ends and spec choices on the new model as a possible replacement for my R in the near future and see how the figures pan out as I’m quite liking the new model as I think it will be the last hoorah for the petrol RS3.

14 minutes ago, Msportman said:

The initial purchase price is a little off putting, but such strapping residuals will help that to be forgotten in a few years for sure.  Even if not at the exaggerated levels we have at present. 

Been waiting for this to appear:
https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-germancars/2021-audi-rs3-officially-unveiled/44447

Usual mixed Comments page below:

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=23&t=1943003&i=120

What is still surprising me is the continued high prices of used RS3’s.

Ive been looking at pre OPF examples with low miles some with spec and others with little or no options on 2017-2018 examples and seemingly they are all commanding between £38-45k!

Im going to make some ends and spec choices on the new model as a possible replacement for my R in the near future and see how the figures pan out as I’m quite liking the new model as I think it will be the last hoorah for the petrol RS3.

I’ve been contemplating selling mine, prices are strong currently.
My biggest problem is I’m not a fan of the new one

Plus I’ve spent a lot of money on mine recently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10 hours ago, veneeringman said:

I’ve been contemplating selling mine, prices are strong currently.
My biggest problem is I’m not a fan of the new one emoji17.png

Plus I’ve spent a lot of money on mine recently emoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What have you had done?

11 hours ago, NRW said:

The initial purchase price is a little off putting, but such strapping residuals will help that to be forgotten in a few years for sure.  Even if not at the exaggerated levels we have at present. 

Yeap Im sure it will be a £55-£57k car with a package applied.

I don’t suspect a good low mile 2018 RS3 will be used bargain’s anytime soon.

Maybe a good time to jump into a RS3 as values should remain strong into the next 5-10 years based on past models.

1 hour ago, Count Drunkula said:

I made the RS3 jump 2 years ago just before the whole covid nonsense started and by the sound of it I did it at just the right time .

I got my early 2018 with a relatively high spec and 20k miles for £36k 😳 from Wimbledon Audi main dealer 

Have you covered many miles since purchase?

I tried keeping miles off my R since ownership in mid 2016 but alas it’s creeped up. It’s still relatively low at just 41k on a 65 plate as I’m not one for just polishing it, looking it on the driveway and not really using it. Some people just rarely use their cars. Don’t see the point of that tbh.

People and dealers are asking £48k to £50k for two and three year old examples of the saloon model which is just stupid. I think anyone who buys one at that price is a fruitcake tbh! Couldn’t justify that sort of money for an older car, especially as the new model is about to land which starts at similar money. I would say it’s a lot of car for the money but some of them are basic spec cars so nowhere near worth it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, Count Drunkula said:

I made the RS3 jump 2 years ago just before the whole covid nonsense started and by the sound of it I did it at just the right time .

I got my early 2018 with a relatively high spec and 20k miles for £36k 😳 from Wimbledon Audi main dealer 

Thats a long way from where you live. 

Usually its the reverse, from my experience, the cheaper and better are are to be found in Scotland.

1 hour ago, TheBlondeFella said:

Thats a long way from where you live. 

Usually its the reverse, from my experience, the cheaper and better are are to be found in Scotland.

I've always found better deals down south weirdly. 

I've always put it down to the fact that there is a larger population down south so a larger concentration of cars , particularly rarer models