5 minutes ago, Blackpug said:

Sorry if this has been posted before but has anyones We Connect stopped talking to the car. Also my ‘planet earth’ on the touchscreen is grey. Anyone know how I can reset it? I’ve tried pulling screen down on app to update but makes no difference. 

The globe is greyed out as the servers will be down.  It happens fairly regularly and usually back up and running within a few hours.  It can go on longer though, I had mine greyed out a couple days once.  This is also why you can connect via WeConnect. 

1 hour ago, Booth11 said:

The globe is greyed out as the servers will be down.  It happens fairly regularly and usually back up and running within a few hours.  It can go on longer though, I had mine greyed out a couple days once.  This is also why you can connect via WeConnect. 

Thanks Rebecca 👍🏻

For sure the VW servers dropped out on Tuesday. I was in the Audi but online traffic info was not available and neither was Audi Connect (right when I really needed real time updates due to the closure of the M-way!!! - always the way 😁) for at least 1hour. No such problems yesterday when I was driving.

9 minutes ago, Blackpug said:

Mine was off from 15th July. Done a bit of googling today and found a post from VW. Went into the user settings page and found this...Worked for me. 

7F6C255A-DD7D-4A1E-AF49-C6B4DF436C00.jpeg

Good that worked for you.  First time the globe greyed out greyed out for me (months ago) I tried that (after coming across that somewhere on searching), but it didn’t work for me. In the end it came back online by itself after a couple days.  Every time after that it’s only been off for a few hours at most so I just wait for it to come back. 

18 hours ago, Blackpug said:

Mine was off from 15th July. Done a bit of googling today and found a post from VW. Went into the user settings page and found this...Worked for me. 

7F6C255A-DD7D-4A1E-AF49-C6B4DF436C00.jpeg

I have also seen this instruction and was told something nearly identical on the We Connect help line. 

It has something to do with the fact that the car exchanges data with the VW servers when you park it up and lock it. 

If the data exchange fails for any reason it disrupts the car system and it needs a sort of re-boot.

Online traffic in the Audi is similar. It normally just turns on (after a while) if it does not then it can be brought back by initiating an Audi Connect query (for anything). It then springs back to life unless the query fails which is a sure sign the servers are down at VW. In normal circumstances the cars system polls the server regularly to see if it's there and the connection will usually re-establish on it's own.