Pressure washer reccos....

I got my Karcher K4 out yesterday, and it just wouldn't start. Changed the fuse etc etc and it was dead. Several years old, and unfortunately it's a case of prob not worth getting repaired as cheaper to get a new one. 

So any reccos on a replacement? If it does a job, wouldn't mind going smaller but then I do use the K4's patio cleaner quite a lot (so not adverse to getting another). I sort of go for Karcher because I don't know anything about other brands...!!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When my last ever Karcher K4 died, I did what I should have done years earlier and bought a Kranzle.  I got a Kranzle HD 10/122 with auto-stop, and have not looked back.  It’s on another planet compar

I have below, highly recommended 👌   Get a quick release stubby gun and you will not be disappointed.   https://kranzle-pressure-washers.co.uk/products/kranzle-k-2160-tst-pressure-

I looked a while back as I thought my K4 was dying also.. it turned out to be dirt around a seal.. one of the few times when taking something apart hasn't meant it's demise. (RIP Dyson... gone but not

3 minutes ago, Charles M said:

I got my Karcher K4 out yesterday, and it just wouldn't start. Changed the fuse etc etc and it was dead. Several years old, and unfortunately it's a case of prob not worth getting repaired as cheaper to get a new one. 

So any reccos on a replacement? If it does a job, wouldn't mind going smaller but then I do use the K4's patio cleaner quite a lot (so not adverse to getting another). I sort of go for Karcher because I don't know anything about other brands...!!

When my last ever Karcher K4 died, I did what I should have done years earlier and bought a Kranzle.  I got a Kranzle HD 10/122 with auto-stop, and have not looked back.  It’s on another planet compared to a Karcher and coupled with quick release fittings and a short trigger gun is superb.  There’s quite a few threads on them in the Detailing Section. 

I looked a while back as I thought my K4 was dying also.. it turned out to be dirt around a seal.. one of the few times when taking something apart hasn't meant it's demise. (RIP Dyson... gone but not forgotten)

Kranzle are the best (Rebecca has just replied - but without reading it, am sure she's said Kranzle :)), but if you don't want to spend that money and were happy with Karcher - then try their outlet shop;

Karcher K4 Compact Refurbished Pressure Washer :: Pressure Washers (karcheroutlet.co.uk)

I tend to go for the compact edition.. some good bargains on their refurb stock with 12 month warranty.

I had a Kärcher K6 that lasted 14 years with no issues. When it finally seemed worth having it overhauled in March I found that the current top model K7 was available new from the K shops with a good (£100?) discount, plus £50 cashback, and £150 trade-in on my barely functional K6. Total cost £330 vs the current RRP £630. A big bugger but a seriously effective machine at a decent price!

I know there are Far better made/performing machines available over but as @Peter Wynne says above - good value can be found via the online outlet shop. 
I got an entry K2 Compact for a nephew for £40 recently. Does all the light stuff easily like foaming and rinsing off your car.

7 hours ago, NRW said:

I know there are Far better made/performing machines available over but as @Peter Wynne says above - good value can be found via the online outlet shop. 
I got an entry K2 Compact for a nephew for £40 recently. Does all the light stuff easily like foaming and rinsing off your car.

Sure, just for car cleaning almost anything is perfectly adequate. Mine also has to do serious stuff like patio scrubbing, fascia washing, and scaring the neighbours' cats.

Nilfisk, mine is still going strong, got it for £50 way back - think 2009. It does squeak a bit now when using it, but I will use it till it dies and if I'm honest probably get another. Think mine is about 110 bar of pressure, so not massivly powerful, but enough for me.

I am with @BobbyT sometime I cannot be arsed and just use the hose, depends on the dirt level if I'm honest, and the bug splatter, but if I have been going to and from work for a month and nothing else, especially in the warmer months, hose works fine to get the dust off the car.

I did get with my nilfisk a patio cleaner etc with it, which is ok, as I only have a small patio. Would like a stronger one though to clean my white conservatory guttering.

3 hours ago, gazza5 said:

Nilfisk, mine is still going strong, got it for £50 way back - think 2009. It does squeak a bit now when using it, but I will use it till it dies and if I'm honest probably get another. Think mine is about 110 bar of pressure, so not massivly powerful, but enough for me.

I am with @BobbyT sometime I cannot be arsed and just use the hose, depends on the dirt level if I'm honest, and the bug splatter, but if I have been going to and from work for a month and nothing else, especially in the warmer months, hose works fine to get the dust off the car.

I did get with my nilfisk a patio cleaner etc with it, which is ok, as I only have a small patio. Would like a stronger one though to clean my white conservatory guttering.

Same with my basic Nilfisk C110.3. I added a stubby gun and 10m anti-kink hose (together cost more than the pw!!). The only thing I wish it had is a hose reel. Very impressed with build quality. If it dies, I'll just buy a bigger Nilfisk with, ofc, a hose reel!