Increased engine responsiveness (Audi)

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought the Audi setting was for the adaptive cruise and it made the car follow much more closely and with a bit of aggression?   To add some balance, BMW mode disables the indicators and MK8 mode s

Yea had it on for a while, didn't notice any difference so bought a pedal box. Now that does make a difference.

The VW settings do make a difference but no quite the same as a throttle box;   Better pickup - 44 module (steering assist) Security access: 19249 Adaptations Select channel: 'Drivin

I haven’t but was pretty sure it left error codes in the abs unit memory.
Pretty sure it was trialed on a 1.4 ok but left codes in the R.
There is a throttle response app for the R but having tried it I’m not sure there’s any difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, BobbyT said:

Hi all, has anyone used this App to change to the 'Audi' setting? Does it really change anything worthwhile? 

I made this change using my OBD11, no errors. But to be honest have not noticed any change in performance or throttle response.

• 1 month later...

The VW settings do make a difference but no quite the same as a throttle box;

Better pickup -
44 module (steering assist)
Security access: 19249
Adaptations
Select channel: 'Driving profile switchover'
Change from 'Incremental: controlled over time' to 'Direct: controlled over threshold value'

The VW settings do make a difference but no quite the same as a throttle box;

Better pickup -
44 module (steering assist)
Security access: 19249
Adaptations
Select channel: 'Driving profile switchover'
Change from 'Incremental: controlled over time' to 'Direct: controlled over threshold value'

Did that today. Nice.

difference is clear:
when you cruise calmly and then hit the gas for some reason, it adapts pedal behavior mode (response curve) to the new style of driving - in the incremental mode it takes some waiting until it gradually gets there. In the direct mode, it happens immediately upon reaching about 1/3 throttle.

It’s subtle. Noticeable mainly in D (less in S)

I thought the Audi setting was for the adaptive cruise and it made the car follow much more closely and with a bit of aggression?   To add some balance, BMW mode disables the indicators and MK8 mode shuts down the infotainment, similar to Saabs black panel setting.

Apparently 😁