Hey guys,

I recently bought a MK7 Golf R. I've already had it mapped and am very happy with the figures but I want a little more growl.

I've been looking into getting a res delete kit, only thing stopping me is all the threads about people complaining about 'unbearable droning' I've been looking into BCS and VAGSport kits both seem to have their ups and downs. I think I am swinging more to the VAGSport kit.

Anyone had either and have any advice? It would be very appreciated! 

BCS would get my vote as the quality and customer service are absolutely brilliant. 

Nice improvement over the stock exhaust without being too offensive and no drone at NSL. Stick it in Sport and you get some nice pops on the overrun and DSG farts on the upshift. What the stock system should have been like from the factory IMO. 

Forum members can get a discount but you’ll need to phone and speak to Nigel. 

That's good to know, thank you! 

I could be wrong because all my research is from the internet 😂But from my understanding, the vag sport kit has a lot louder engine sound & pops and crackles,although but the BCS is a good daily alternative due to the quieter sound and anti-drone but still sounds amazing?

If i'm not wrong the BCS is almost £300 (Not sure what it is with discount) but I think the vag sport is like £140?

Adam,

I have a mk7 R too. Mine isn't mapped yet but I'm running a VagSport resinator delete - does what I wanted. Gives that little bit of extra 'growl' and more pops and bangs as I have coded the exhaust flaps open too.

Yes there is drone but it is totally bearable. I've done many hours with family in tow on motorway journeys and had no complaints. Drive it right you'll be fine, drive it hard and the drone is more noticeable. Around town no issues just have windows down and enjoy in sport mode 🔥. I'm sure with a map you'll have more over run and more pops/bangs.

For a little over £150 great easy mod, that can also be reversed.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, MK6R_Scott said:

I've recently bought a mk 7.5 R, which I believe has the res delete also.

Daft question, but does the resonator also contain the cat?  So will the car fail MoT without it?

No it's just a silencer with baffles in to quiet the exhaust note. The res delete is a through pipe and won't fail an mot with one fitted.

The catalyst is on the down pipe, and if this is removed with a straight through then you'll fail an mot.

On 06/09/2021 at 20:40, Pete_R said:

No it's just a silencer with baffles in to quiet the exhaust note. The res delete is a through pipe and won't fail an mot with one fitted.

The catalyst is on the down pipe, and if this is removed with a straight through then you'll fail an mot.

Cheers,

I'm pretty sure the previous owner has put on an aftermarket exhaust, but can't get under the car for a proper look.

From what I can see, the car doesn't seem to just have a single back box with both pipes attached, looks like the exhaust splits and there are pipes going to a box at either side of the car, also the exhaust tips are black.  Would be good to know what type it is.