Jump to content

Golf mk8 R - SUCCESSFUL OBDeleven tweaks coding - Lane Assist to remember last setting


Recommended Posts

To start….

 

Lane Assist - remember last setting 

 

After a first failed attempt - see here https://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/40077-mk8-coding-tests-lane-assist-to-remember-last-setting-failed/

 

I’m happy to report that this tweak works and I now have Lane Assist set to remember it’s last setting which is deactivated as default on startup for me as I prefer to turn it off.  I used OBDeleven Next Gen dongle but it should also work with the older first gen Android only dongle I believe.  
 

Here is the coding and process.
 

- Start ignition and turn off Lane Assist using button end of indicator stalk.
 

- Pop the bonnet handle to release the bonnet (you do not need to raise the bonnet fully). 
This is important otherwise the coding will not ‘write’ and you get a failed write message. 

 

- Plug in OBDeleven dongle into one port (located underneath drivers right side trim) 

 

- Turn ignition on (engine does not need to be running)

 

- Launch OBDeleven on phone 

 

- Code as follows:

 

- A5 Driver Assistance 

0E3D94B6-4CF0-4DE3-88F3-4919076DC9DA.thumb.png.644d990207a14b7d7c6ea6da0bc17257.png

 

- Long coding 
36A4E2E0-DD50-40C6-96DA-9906793F63EB.thumb.png.adcee4931fccdda3cc36d35350cb79cc.png

 

- Configuration for lane departure warning Kl15
F6FAE6A2-97EE-4C10-9FA3-8F9683CB093B.thumb.png.5e1d65c28cf14479b1c0496eda3b8669.png
 

- Change from default ‘Activated’ to ‘Last Setting’ 

627A7BA8-BA84-4850-8183-F764FB32D396.thumb.png.cefab964a7f687cc57ceb76e000e1dac.png


-Slide to write coding 

FB3040FA-5B43-4FEC-BF95-316790802F9F.thumb.png.7174b17d958949cd58cb4e2ff352a6b0.png

- Coding accepted and default is now set to ‘Last setting’ 

6BE174A2-EF1F-4CBB-A525-B80633C9E6AD.thumb.png.0a93ce4a9a86294d67f46493de00875e.png


- A few ignition starts to test and Lane Assist is now deactivated by default at ignition startup.  

B22EFAC4-3094-4A48-B3AC-E61C46AAF47A.thumb.jpeg.f8f25c3b2a7842275eb92604a422bbb1.jpeg

 

Very happy 8R owner!  
 

@dopper99 Success!  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Booth11 changed the title to Golf mk8 R - SUCCESSFUL OBDeleven tweaks coding - Lane Assist to remember last setting
  • Booth11 pinned this topic
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To start….   Lane Assist - remember last setting    After a first failed attempt - see here https://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/40077-mk8-coding-tests-lane-assist-to-remember-last-s

Yes Andy it was the bonnet catch that needed releasing as @dv52 suggested and as per an OBDeleven forum thread I came across last night.  I posted up about it in the other OBDeleven thread too.    

Brilliant,  thanks Rebecca 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, dopper99 said:

Well done Becs! Should pave the way for a few more tweaks such as auto stop start etc..........

 

What's the difference between today and yesterday, what did you do differently? Was it the bonnet catch?


Yes Andy it was the bonnet catch that needed releasing as @dv52 suggested and as per an OBDeleven forum thread I came across last night.  I posted up about it in the other OBDeleven thread too.  
 

Hoping Stop Start is doable and a few other things maybe such as headlight washers etc.  And for those with issues I hope air con Sync is possible though I don’t have that issue.  Lane Assist is a good one to start with though. 
 

And it sounds truly sad but it has made jumping in the car and taking off with one less thing to disable that much more enjoyable!    Kinda made my day. 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Tried this with my older android gen OBDeleven - it wouldn't allow me to get past the Driver Assistance section, going into long coding (or any other submenu) flags an error and offers to try again. Using a 5 year old Amazon fire tablet with cracked screen is a bit of a pain.

Took me ages to try and find an updated app for Android that would function. Seems as if I may need to upgrade to the new version. At first I liked the idea of lane assist - but when you pull over a white line to avoid a parked car, it makes one panic when the car seems to want to turn into it.. Seems like a bizarre option not to be "rememberable". 

 

Query; am I right in thinking that I need the Pro version to avail of long coding/adaptations (and the blessing that is iOS support)? Certainly looks that way from the feature comparison.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Peter Wynne said:

Tried this with my older android gen OBDeleven - it wouldn't allow me to get past the Driver Assistance section, going into long coding (or any other submenu) flags an error and offers to try again. Using a 5 year old Amazon fire tablet with cracked screen is a bit of a pain.

Took me ages to try and find an updated app for Android that would function. Seems as if I may need to upgrade to the new version. At first I liked the idea of lane assist - but when you pull over a white line to avoid a parked car, it makes one panic when the car seems to want to turn into it.. Seems like a bizarre option not to be "rememberable". 

 

Query; am I right in thinking that I need the Pro version to avail of long coding/adaptations (and the blessing that is iOS support)? Certainly looks that way from the feature comparison.


That’s odd as I know from other forums that people have done it using first gen dongle (must be Pro though otherwise you’ll not be able to do it).

 

Anyway the Next Gen is much better and works with iOS (reason I upgraded to it).

 

Yes, you need to Pro to be able to do long coding.  Get your wallet out. 😁
 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just ordered the OBDeleven NextGen device
(60£ + 7£ shipping)

Just the device itself, as I figured I have no need for the subscription until the car arrives.
Just wanted to make sure I made no mistake, and that the device is one and the same, and the subscription can be purchased online at t a later time.

Also, why are there points and subscription ?
I got that you need the Pro (50£/yr) to do long coding
but I didn’t understand what do the points do ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AHG said:

I just ordered the OBDeleven NextGen device
(60£ + 7£ shipping)

Just the device itself, as I figured I have no need for the subscription until the car arrives.
Just wanted to make sure I made no mistake, and that the device is one and the same, and the subscription can be purchased online at t a later time.

Also, why are there points and subscription ?
I got that you need the Pro (50£/yr) to do long coding
but I didn’t understand what do the points do ?


The Pro activation subscription can be obtained after purchase of the dongle for a yearly sum. Or you can purchase the Pro version from the off which comes with a years subscription.  The Pro version will enable you access to do long coding changes which is preferable to using preset apps (within the main OBDeleven app) to change things.  Credits (or points?) relate to using apps to make changes.  You need credits to be able to use the apps.  You can earn or buy credits.  However using an app to make a change/tweak is the least preferable means of doing so, as you cannot see what it changes and so if you want to undo it and there are problems in doing so, you’re stuck.  With long coding you have control over what is being changed, plus it keeps a history of any coding change so you know exactly what’s been altered and have the means to reverse it.  Always a good idea to write what you do down somewhere as a backup.  With Pro you still have access to the apps if you want to use them.  Without Pro you can only use the apps and credits to make changes.  
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for explaining
I’ll have to learn how to do those things

So …
A. without pro, I shouldn’t do anything ?
and
B. if I have Pro, I don’t need points, right ?

if that also true for older cars ?
(like my ‘18 S3, as I thought I’d just turn off start/stop and put it back again before I sell it)

And final two questions:
C. Does is limit the numbers of cars I can use it on ?
D. Can I pause a subscription, when I don’t use it, and restart when I want to ? Or I’d it £50/yr every calendar year, to be able to use it ?

Thx again for your great help
Sorry for my newbie questions

Meanwhile I just bought the device
I’ll start the subscription when the car is here
A shame to waste 4 months worth ‘till if comes

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AHG said:

Thank you for explaining
I’ll have to learn how to do those things

So …
A. without pro, I shouldn’t do anything ?
and
B. if I have Pro, I don’t need points, right ?

if that also true for older cars ?
(like my ‘18 S3, as I thought I’d just turn off start/stop and put it back again before I sell it)

And final two questions:
C. Does is limit the numbers of cars I can use it on ?
D. Can I pause a subscription, when I don’t use it, and restart when I want to ? Or I’d it £50/yr every calendar year, to be able to use it ?

Thx again for your great help
Sorry for my newbie questions

Meanwhile I just bought the device
I’ll start the subscription when the car is here
A shame to waste 4 months worth ‘till if comes


A.  Yes if you want to avoid the risk that comes with using apps to make changes. 

B.  Yes - no points/credits needed

 

Yes same with older cars.  
 

C. No limit to number of cars 

D. Don’t know but I’d think it unlikely.  
 

Congrats on the purchase!  
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you

I hope I can still see some diagnostics without paying any subscription fees, so it won’t be completely useless until that car gets here (like the pile of stuff I have gathering dust in my den).

I guess it comes with a manual or a link to an online one, so I can get a step-by-step idiot-proof explanations. I would need those :-)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Current Donation Goals

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...