Petrol in new car collection?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe a couple of packs of Duracells?    

That would certainly fix the problem of on-street charging or queueing for a charge point. Just nip down to the local petrol station and fill up. Electricity is the future. 🙂

They'll probably fill the tank and then thrash the nuts off it before they give it to you with ¾ tank.  😂

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Fletch..gti said:

Got a new golf r on order , so should be here anytime in the next 5 years 😂😂😂

just wondering when you pick up a brand nee car do they have a lot of petrol in them . 
or is the yellow light on as soon as you drive it away 

All depends on the generosity of the supplying dealership really.  Mine had 2/3 tank in when I collected it from JCB Medway (DtD order). 

14 minutes ago, TheBlondeFella said:

They'll probably fill the tank and then thrash the nuts off it before they give it to you with ¾ tank.  😂

Well I hope they enjoyed sinking 1/4 tank over the small handful of miles it had on the clock before it was handed over.  😁

1 hour ago, Fletch..gti said:

Got a new golf r on order , so should be here anytime in the next 5 years 😂😂😂

just wondering when you pick up a brand nee car do they have a lot of petrol in them . 
or is the yellow light on as soon as you drive it away 

Mine came with pretty much a full tank but I had travelled 4 hours to get to Medway to collect it.

Does the small print on the “on the road” price detail what that includes?

The OTR price for my rs3 includes half a tank for example.

Here we have a common charge for a full tank, so the dealer charges you and supplies the car with a full tank (it’s about as much as it costs at a gas station).
You can ask not to pay it, and gamble how gas you will get in the tank. I usually pay it, as the rate is pretty fair.

Now that I’m importing not via the dealer, I have no idea how much fuel (and what type) I will get in it.
I plan to use only 98 RON so hopefully they won’t feed it with the cheap stuff.

Fingers crossed.
38 minutes ago, Trekkkie said:

As far as I am aware, up to a certain mileage from 0 the dealership can zero it so they always appear to have ‘delivery miles’ after the PDI. May not still apply, was told few years ago by a senior tech.

Yes I recall that too.